About QUILTBAG MCs in non-QUILTBAG fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicaCurt

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry to bring up an old thread, but this was something I had on my mind. I'm going to be uploading my novel soon and this category labeling is a concern. Luckily for me, as others have said, paranormal and urban fantasy are pretty accepting of a variety of relationships. But has anyone experienced backlash even in these categories? And how about science fiction? I would imagine that would be an accepting genre too considering it usually plays with relationships that cross species.

I only bring this up because I don't want to label the book series as a lesbian story (not that there is anything wrong with that genre). The storyline isn't about coming out or someone coming to terms with being gay. It's simply an urban fantasy with a pansexual mc. The other concern I had was also mentioned by the OP, how upfront do you have to be about the romances that occur in the book? Aside from all these questions, I just wanted to say that this thread has been really helpful in calming my nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.