• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Permuted Press

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
I'm afraid I have, Popgun62. I'm going to try the self-publishing route. I'm certain there is a market for adult horror that stars inner-city children, but I've become convinced it's small enough that I won't find a publisher that is interested in pursuing it.

Try DarkFuse. They published my last two books and pay pretty decent royalties. They do limited edition hardcover, paperback and eBooks and will get your books reviewed by top reviewers. No agent required. I did pretty well with them.

haunted

Now is the winter of my discontent.
Registered
Reaction score
Dark fuse

Dark fuse says they do not take simultaneous submissions to other publishers,
by the way...

haunted

Registered
Reaction score
Waiting is always the hardest.LOL

Last edited:

haunted

Registered
Reaction score
re

Yep. I always assume rejection, then if not, it's a bonus!

haunted

Registered
Reaction score
I was excited to get an offer from Permuted Press today! Will be speaking to them soon.

haunted

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks Tri! I am pretty happy about it. Here's to the future for us all!

PeggySueM

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to (posting on) AW, but I've been following this thread with interest. :) Congrats to everyone who has been accepted by Permuted! Looks like I'll be joining you guys as well! :D

Wormwood

Hoping to grow up one day
Registered
Reaction score
Permuted is a great niche press, really top of the line. They have great covers.

That being said, I have an offer from them too.

Does it worry you guys that all of a sudden so many authors are being picked up?

Just curious, there may be a perfectly logical explanation for it.

Micah

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
Permuted is a great niche press, really top of the line. They have great covers.

That being said, I have an offer from them too.

Does it worry you guys that all of a sudden so many authors are being picked up?

Just curious, there may be a perfectly logical explanation for it.

Micah

My agent hasn't raised any red flags about it. According to CEO Mike Wilson, who I talked to on the phone, they're trying to expand into different kinds of horror and science fiction, so they're bringing as many authors on board as they can. A published author friend of mine thinks they're probably just trying to "throw something against the wall to see what sticks." So far, they've treated me pretty well and my agent seems happy with them.

Wormwood

Hoping to grow up one day
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, you're probably right Popgun, they have been so successful for a number of years keeping it small and now they are probably able to expand the operation because of the success. It's probably a good thing. Like you said, start to worry when your agent puts up the red flags. I guess i need to get used to having someone worry for me.

Micah

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
Yeah, you're probably right Popgun, they have been so successful for a number of years keeping it small and now they are probably able to expand the operation because of the success. It's probably a good thing. Like you said, start to worry when your agent puts up the red flags. I guess i need to get used to having someone worry for me.

Micah

Followed you on Twitter/Facebook :) Who's your agent? I forgot.

PeggySueM

Registered
Reaction score
I've been worrying over whether or not I should try to find an agent before the contract comes in. ugh. I don't want to make any mistakes.

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
I tried to get one when I got the offer, but no one was interested until I actually had the contract in hand. I'm super glad I did get an agent - she has been invaluable and will be even more so down the road.

ClarissaJohal

Don't talk to me while I'm writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.clarissajohal.com
I got an an offer from Permuted Press too. How long did it take for them to send you a contract, Popgun and Wormwood? I got an email with the initial terms on Monday. I sent back an email asking a few questions, but I've had some email issues so I resent it today. Hopefully, they'll understand and won't think I'm being a pest.

Last edited:

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
I got an an offer from Permuted Press too. How long did it take for them to send you a contract, Popgun and Wormwood? I got an email with the initial terms on Monday. I sent back an email asking a few questions, but I've had some email issues so I resent it today. Hopefully, they'll understand and won't think I'm being a pest.

Hey Clarissa,

They won't think you're a pest. It took a few weeks to get the contract, if I remember right. You might want to consider trying to get an agent. It makes life a lot easier, IMO.

ClarissaJohal

Don't talk to me while I'm writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.clarissajohal.com
Hey Clarissa,

They won't think you're a pest. It took a few weeks to get the contract, if I remember right. You might want to consider trying to get an agent. It makes life a lot easier, IMO.

Okedoke. I'll not worry about it, then. Thanks :)