• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] The Rights Factory Inc.

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com
Has anyone heard anything? I just got a full request from Alisha Sevigny as well, just curious about turn around time.

revolocard

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any more info on the different agents here? I can't find them on AQ, I can't find any interviews, for whatever reason, QT won't show them when I type the agency name into the search (though I did follow the link to his QT profile where he basically requests everything). My question: how do you guys choose who to query? Eenie, meenie, miney, mo? Since Ali's acquiring, can you address it to her?

Repunzel

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Sam Hiyate a few years back and got a very quick reply requesting the full by snail. Of course I sent it off immediately. And then the wait began. I ever heard another word even though I waited for months (at least 4 months) before sending a polite inquiry requesting a status report. Tried a couple more times. Then gave up after a year. Cricket18 - hope you have better luck.

RidleyHavok

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to the website on a friday at the end of July (YA novel), Ali requested the full the next day and I was signed the next week.
Other than August being their vacation time and Ali working two jobs, they have all been great (especially her). But she is super busy right now, so I doubt she will have time to respond to personally queries.
Best stick to the website. It works!

frandavea

Registered
Reaction score
I queried back in July, and haven't heard anything back yet. But since RidleyHavok said they're on vacation, I guess I'll show a bit more patience. BTW - does anyone know what Ali's other job is?

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com
Yes, I queried her email and got a reply the next day requesting the full. To be honest, I didn't realize that there was a web form until after the fact or I may have gone that route instead.

Congratulations RidleyHavok on landing an agent!

Last edited:

RidleyHavok

Registered
Reaction score
She's has a contract with a publishing house for publicity and marketing.

Thanks, AngelaA. I think I just lucked out by the sounds of it!

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com
Got a very cool email from Alisha today...she likes my ms...wanted to know my plans for the sequel and series.

Needless to say, I was very excited...shot off an email with the info immediately...don't know if I'll sleep for the next few days!

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com
Okay...she wants to talk! Will be having a phone chat on Monday or Tuesday...my goodness, will I sleep at all this weekend?

frandavea

Registered
Reaction score
Okay...she wants to talk! Will be having a phone chat on Monday or Tuesday...my goodness, will I sleep at all this weekend?

Good luck! That's the phone call we all dream about! Congrats!

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Angela on your phone call! I echo what Frand and Eygptian have said- the call is a very good sign!

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com

Congrats!!!
I'm curious, do you live in Canada? I was thinking of querying her, but the out of the country thing gave me pause. I know it doesn't really matter where your agent lives but what contacts they have, still, I thought that was generally for in-country type things. So I guess I'm putting the question out there before I query. Will it matter if I don't live in the country?

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com
I do live in Canada, and I know for some Canadian agencies that matters but I don't remember seeing anything on The Rights Factory website that says they don't take international queries.

I heard that sometimes "the call" can be about making changes before offering to rep. So my fingers are crossed that it is the other kind of call...the one we all want!

In any case, I will be sure to update.

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
I submitted to Alisha on 8/23 with the form. Haven't heard back yet but I'll wait a while. Does anyone know if they try to respond to every query?

AngelaA

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angelaaddams.com
Okay, I feel like I can speak now...the call came last Tuesday and it was indeed the call. I was offered representation by Alisha and I accepted...just signed all the paperwork this weekend and sent it off in the mail...so, I'm agented!

Alisha is really great and very excited about my novel which is wonderful to finally hear!

Anyway, just thought I would fill you all in!

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I feel like I can speak now...the call came last Tuesday and it was indeed the call. I was offered representation by Alisha and I accepted...just signed all the paperwork this weekend and sent it off in the mail...so, I'm agented!

Alisha is really great and very excited about my novel which is wonderful to finally hear!

WTG! I'm very happy for you! CONGRATS!!!!:snoopy:

frandavea

Registered
Reaction score

WTG!