• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

G Agency, LLC (Jeff Gerecke)

penguin girl

Registered
Reaction score
I queried in March, he requested a full recently. Here's hoping, he seems like a nice guy who knows his stuff.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Just wondering and hope you can help. I queried Gina Macoby five weeks and haven't heard a thing. I was going to write to Jeff Gerecke at G Agency LLC using his verizon email in several weeks, after my break from querying.

Now that I've learnt here that he's part of Gina Macoby, I am wondering if I should write to Jeff Gerecke after all. Should I?

penguin girl

Registered
Reaction score
Purple Rose,
I wrote to his verizon.net address. I've read recently (maybe an interview listed above) he prefers: [email protected]

In terms of writing to him or not, I can only offer what many others have said elsewhere. If you are a fit for his listed genres - go for it.

Good luck!

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Jeff

Does anyone have any recent updates on Jeff? I sent him a query today (sports related historical fiction, so it hits two of his interest areas) and was curious what his turnaround time is right now. When I hear something, I will post back here. Thanks!
Bryan

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
I queried him late-August and got a ful request about two weeks ago. So it took a while. :) Good luck with your query!

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
I queried him late-August and got a ful request about two weeks ago. So it took a while. :) Good luck with your query!

Thanks! Patience is the name of the game. I have some other queries outstanding longer than this one, so I haven't written it off yet.

Happy New Year.
Bryan

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Overlooked rejection

Was going through my list of queries today and noticed that I somehow overlooked that I received a rejection email on Nov. 30. So he does respond (response time: 51 days).

Hope this is helpful for someone. Onward I go!
Bryan

DerekJager

Registered
Reaction score
Hi--
I queried him on my NF April 20 and he requested the full April 25 and said to bug him if I don't hear back by June.

MadameApeFace

How do you work this crazy thing?
Registered
Reaction score
His guidelines say "attach sample chapters or proposal if you wish," but he doesn't stipulate how many chapters or what format...for those of you who have queried him, how did you approach this?

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
His guidelines say "attach sample chapters or proposal if you wish," but he doesn't stipulate how many chapters or what format...for those of you who have queried him, how did you approach this?

I haven't queried him, but if they say "sample chapters" without specifying how many I just send the first three (assuming they don't add up to more than fifty pages).

MadameApeFace

How do you work this crazy thing?
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Aggy B! That sounds like a reasonable policy.

SportsScribe

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
FWIW: I queried Jeff earlier this year with the first three chapters and a synopsis. He requested the full and 12 weeks and a note to bug him if 12 weeks passed without a word from him, which did. Which I did. Twice.

His assistant e-mailed back on the second nudge to say he was still looking at it and I would hear back soon.

Its been a few weeks. No word.

Meh.

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Any recent interactions with this agent?