New to Absolutewrite

tunadragontacocow

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, first post and just wanted to introduce myself.

Now that my schooling is over (for awhile) I feel like my focus on writing can be greatly increased. Between all the stories in my head and the songwriting I have planned, I feel like this will be a busy and productive year upcoming for me, and this site might be just what I need to stick to a plan. I write poetry, short stories and lyrics, and I love concept writing especially. Outside of writing, I love music; play the guitar; and am learning to play drums soon. I'll try to put something up soon.

Thanks for reading,
tunadragontacocow.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to meet you, tunadragon.

Maryn, tying a bow in her hostess apron

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Meg02

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! :hi:

AWESOME name. It took a bit of figuring out I'm embarrassed to say, I hastily read it as 'turn a dragon into a cow'. Silly me.

I learnt guitar, then tried drums... Ouch. Thank goodness I didn't invest in a drum kit or anything! I'm sure you'll have more luck than I did.

Hope you enjoy your time at AW! It's a pretty awesome place :)

Kameea

I have a dream to become a Gaijin.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I am new here as well. Take your time with the forum and enjoy your vacation.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Exactly what ScarletWhisper said. :)

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
Hi :hi:welcome!

I also love music, play the keyboard, and I write songs, mostly for our school productions (I'm a high school teacher). I also sneak a few poems into the school newsletter (run by the kids) and watch them wonder who wrote them :)

Enjoy writing and keep going!

tunadragontacocow

Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Thanks regdog. I have read all the stickies but I'll check out some more FAQ's. Also thanks for telling me about the 50 post thing; I was unaware until now. I won't rush, pinky promise. :tongue

tunadragontacocow

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! :hi:

AWESOME name. It took a bit of figuring out I'm embarrassed to say, I hastily read it as 'turn a dragon into a cow'. Silly me.

I learnt guitar, then tried drums... Ouch. Thank goodness I didn't invest in a drum kit or anything! I'm sure you'll have more luck than I did.

Hope you enjoy your time at AW! It's a pretty awesome place :)

Thank you. :hi:
Yeah a lot of people struggle with the pronunciation. But 'turn a dragon into a cow?' That's the best one I've heard so far.:ROFL:
I've been playing guitar for almost seven years now. A drumset was one of my grad presents and I hope that it goes well. I'm staying optimistic at least. Although, I can't play it until my parents move out.:Shrug:

tunadragontacocow

Registered
Reaction score
First of all, awesome screen name.

Second, I wish I had an inclination to music like you do. I love music but I can't play it for the life of me!

Third, welcome to AW! I'm new here too! :)

Thank you.:D

Ever since I was young I had an inclination towards it; that's just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. :Shrug:

Thank you and welcome!

tunadragontacocow

Registered
Reaction score
Hi :hi:welcome!

I also love music, play the keyboard, and I write songs, mostly for our school productions (I'm a high school teacher). I also sneak a few poems into the school newsletter (run by the kids) and watch them wonder who wrote them :)

Enjoy writing and keep going!

Hello and thank you!

I wish I could play piano/keyboard (I wish my parents made me when I was younger) but I feel like it's a little more difficult than guitar or drums so I've been pushing it off. :chair
That's great! If I were a teacher I would absolutely do that too.