New Member Here

marcievaliant

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm a new member from Ontario here, looking for a writer community for this new project I'm undertaking (you know, writing regularly and trying to self-pub). My dogs are great listeners, of course, but they're not great at the discussion.

I'm a full time employee at a vet clinic, doing a lot of running about type work, lab stuff, client education, surgery assisting -- the really fun, messy stuff. That takes up a lot of my time, but I'm trying to get back to writing every day. Basically, I'm an animal lover and a slow writer and an even slower editor.

Talk to everyone soon!

Howleyer Than Thou

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Marci! Nice to meet you! I'm from Ontario too- grew up in Windsor- still no cancer. ha ha. I also lived in London, Fort Erie, Niagara Falls and Peterborough.

Hope to get to know you better!

cwschizzy

Eviscerate the Proletariat
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. J'ai peur de Quebecois.

marcievaliant

Registered
Reaction score
Heeeeeello everyone, thanks for the warm welcome.

And don't worry cwschizzy, I'm not Quebecois. My SO is, so I'm learning, but mostly only have a tenuous grasp on English most of the time, let alone a second language. :tongue

Howleyer, you were all over the place. I'm from pretty far north, but living in Toronto now. Such a change! How's BC treating you?

dgarms

Registered
Reaction score
I am an American citizen who lives in Korea at the moment. I have a memoir that I am looking to get help on. I am a first time writer and have a real hard time to sticking to writing. I am looking forward to meeting people here and especially other memoir writers.

Howleyer Than Thou

Registered
Reaction score
Heeeeeello everyone, thanks for the warm welcome.

And don't worry cwschizzy, I'm not Quebecois. My SO is, so I'm learning, but mostly only have a tenuous grasp on English most of the time, let alone a second language. :tongue

Howleyer, you were all over the place. I'm from pretty far north, but living in Toronto now. Such a change! How's BC treating you?

Thunder Bay? Sudbury? Norther? Yep anything up there is a world away from T.O. I've done many a Blue Jays game there myself.

Of places in ONt that I've lived I forgot Sault Ste Marie too, sheesh. I was only born there.

BC rocks. They'll have to shoot me to get me to leave. I'll never shovel another driveway as long as I live.

I live about 2 hours north of Vancouver (including a pretty ferry ride)on the Sunshine Coast. Doesn't it even sound amazing? Of course it rains 9 months of the year but I only care in February when I'm contemplating suicide in the absolute unending gray. It is like paradise here. In fact, this is where all those city folk come to get away from their crappy lives.
My daughter is the queen of whale sightings, it's exciting for her and annoying for me since I've been here 12 years now and have yet to see ONE!
Welcome fellow Canuck!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler! :welcome:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

marcievaliant

Registered
Reaction score
Thunder Bay? Sudbury? Norther?

I was in North Bay for a long time (my fave!), then Timmins, then Kapuskasing, then Cochrane for a month, then back to the New Liskeard area for a while. I've got family in Marathon and Kenora, so I've kind of been everywhere. SO has a cool job interview in Thunder Bay coming up, who knows, maybe I'll be moving back home to the north soon.

BC sounds great. Never been. but hoping for a big road trip next summer. I would miss my snow if I lived there permanently though!

And Hannah M, yes! I love writing about animals. Especially dogs. Especially talking dogs, or dogs with jobs.