GLBT markets, market resources, leads

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A quarterly print/electronic magazine devoted to speculative fiction with gay male protagonists: Icarus, published by Lethe Press and edited by Steve Berman.

ETA: Here are the guidelines.

Last edited:

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
We can add Musa Publishing to the market list. They have a LGBT imprint for adult books and they accept LGBT themes in their YA line too.

Last edited:

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
James Tiptree, Jr. Fellowship Grants

Two $500 grants offered each year to authors, artists, and other creators exploring gender, perhaps in the science fiction and fantasy fields, perhaps not. Entry deadline September 1, 2015.

http://tiptree.org/

"If you are doing work that is changing the way we think about gender through speculative narrative – maybe in a form we would recognize as the science fiction or fantasy genre, maybe in some other way – you will be eligible for a Fellowship. You won’t have to be a professional or have an institutional affiliation, as we hope to support emerging creators who don’t already have institutional support for their work."

Last edited:

Errant_Fragments

Registered
Reaction score
I've been writing a series of shorts at recently that focus on the notion of ghosts in/from LGBT history, I'd say they currently (I've got 4 so far) space across eerie/speculative and graphic horror. I was wondering if the board had advice on whether to try sending to horror genre markets first on the assumption that they might have a better rates and readership, or to prioritise LGBT markets that might have more vested interest in the queer content (even if they don't like the gore?)

Or just try a mix and match approach and see which one sticks first?

(I say this as someone that's never actually submitted anything for professional publication before but have put it on my resolutions list for the year to be brave and Send Something Out)