Are you Ready for NaNoWriMo 2014?

BeeGem

The one with the gemstone eyes
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to finish a WIP. 50,000 words should just about do it. I've still got to do some research before November to make sure I've got my facts right, but I'm really looking forward to spending the month getting this story done.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
I'm definitely gonna be a rebel and work on one of my stories I have on hold. My fairytales are nagging me again, so I'll try outlining them this week and see if it's what I want to work on next month.

Katje

Amoebakat at Large
Registered
Reaction score
Website
katjevanloon.com
No where near ready yet, but I'm about to start outlining the story. I already have things mostly worked out in my head; I just need to get notes down on paper. It's a third in a series so luckily most of the worldbuilding and stuff is done for me already.

I was going to work on my other WiP this month but it's becoming clear I won't be able to until I tackle outlining the Nano novel first.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I have zero ideas.

Bad, no?

I wish I could buy ideas :D

>_> Oh, I'm sure something could be... arranged. In a back alley somewhere. Maybe out behind this forum, 6PM. Bring cash.

In all seriousness, that's what the adoptables forum on NaNo is for. :) Plenty of ideas looking for a good home there.

krypticjotter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
krypticjotter.net
aaack! It is October already - busy time has started for me after so many months waiting. I always do a "horrorfest" movie marathon the whole month October.
I haven't a clue so far about a story. Usually ideas fall out of the trees for me but not so - guess maybe getting panicked at the idea Nano starts next month :)
So being super observant for a spark!

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
>_> Oh, I'm sure something could be... arranged. In a back alley somewhere. Maybe out behind this forum, 6PM. Bring cash.

In all seriousness, that's what the adoptables forum on NaNo is for. :) Plenty of ideas looking for a good home there.

Oh, yes, I love adoptables. I always look out for characters to adopt as well.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Not even remotely ready. I've got a waiting list of ideas a mile long. Too long, as I can't seem to just pick one to focus on.

And I'll bet dollars to donuts that I'll end up just like last year - prep all October, decide I hate it, and just pants something completely out of the blue come the 1st.

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I'll be able this year. Or maybe I will. I don't know. I have a book with major rewriting needed so I might focus on that first. Or I could write something new. Arhggh!

Anyway, whatever I decide: Good luck to everyone!

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I'm busily outlining. I'll be ready in time for NaNoWriMo number 9. :D

If NaNoWriMo was the Borg I was assimilated years ago. :alienzapped:

PrincessOfCats

Registered
Reaction score
I'm usually a NaNo rebel, working multiple times on the same book. This year, though, I'm going to have some fun. I'm writing a super-smutty mermaid romance novel. No outline, no idea what's going to happen, but there will be smut and mermaids.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
I wrote a post, then it was lost to the interweb gods. Oh well.

I'm excited for this coming season. I'm writing a space opera/ spy novel. I'm looking forward to it and am currently working out the kinks. It should be fun to dig into.

Then I'm also going to work on my secondary nano project from last year. I hadn't finished it. There were a bunch of problems. I also hadn't lost interest and had a number of ideas to fix it. It's a science fiction story about cyborgs with a meta protagonist that turns evil. I just can't get it out of my head so I'm giving it another crack.

I may throw in a short story too. We'll see what comes. Anyone who wants to add me as a buddy feel free. I'm ashleyepidemic there too.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
*gnaws on the corner of the NaNo site while waiting for the reset*

I feel like a kid who's been told "Due to technical issues with Santa's sleigh, Christmas is actually going to be a week or two AFTER Dec 25th. We're not exactly sure WHAT day Santa's going to show up, but he'll be here soon." I know they're working hard to get 2014's site up as soon as possible, but the wait is killing me. I wanna enter my novel and find all my old friends and make all my annual threads.

GingerGunlock

paralibrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorizedmusings.blogspot.com

I feel like a kid who's been told "Due to technical issues with Santa's sleigh, Christmas is actually going to be a week or two AFTER Dec 25th. We're not exactly sure WHAT day Santa's going to show up, but he'll be here soon." I know they're working hard to get 2014's site up as soon as possible, but the wait is killing me. I wanna enter my novel and find all my old friends and make all my annual threads.

And the web badges! I'm dying to see the new web badges! I didn't dig last year's 8-bit theme, but I'm liking what I've seen so far of this year's "Your Boundless Novel" (or whatever).

mfarraday

Time Traveler
Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting ready. Nail biting suspense! Gonna try to finish something i've been working on for almost 2 years.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
I'm considering NaNo for the first time. I'm possibly getting cold feet seeing people talk about it though ;p

I had an idea I was going to go with, then wrote a short story I think would work better as a longer piece and it's in my head (but I don't know if it'd be a novel length piece!).

I don't know. I imagine I'll decide on the 31st of October.

jkosbart

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing NaNo for the first time this year...and even as a first-timer I'm going to be a NaNo rebel. I have a WIP that I was too excited to wait to start on...I'm about 10k words in so I figure adding 50k new words will pretty much give me a complete novel (until I have to go editing all the crap out...)

I'm sad that I missed my region's plot-planning party - it was last night and I missed the posting about it since the NaNo site hasn't been reset and I hadn't been popping in as much the last few days. I really wanted to go meet people! But I'm going to attend the write-ins and workshops in the area for sure!

Motley

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't dig last year's 8-bit theme

Agreed!

I'm now second-guessing starting something new. I really should be a rebel again and work on some WIPs.

Deciding can be more difficult than NaNo itself! I think I'll outline the novel in my head and see if it becomes necessary.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score

Oh, so I'm not the only one who is obsessively refreshing the page? Good to know. :D