Word Count Thread - NaNo 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score
Kalli, I'm trying to unlearn what you're doing because I spent all year revising a novel and every new scene I added, I was always conscious of using as few words as possible (because I also was cutting 20K from the previous version). I noticed that in a short story I wrote afterwards, I subconsciously wrote everything in as few words as possible, and realized that I was cheating the description of what was happening because of it.

Well, I'm not just writing, I'm also editing, so... some of that wordcount is coming out of other scenes. I've only increased my overall wordcount by 400 words today, but work wise I've cleaned up 2 scenes and continued an unfinished third one. It does make assessing progress hard though.

*sigh*

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So I've written 6.1K so far today...and I'm sick of writing, but I'm like, MUST WRITE MOAR. I think I just want to write super fast because as long as I write fast enough, my doubts won't be able to catch up with me. Does that make any sense or am I just trippin'? :D

Whatever it is, I am having fun though. Except now I'm like, "If I don't write at least 6K wordses a day, I AM A FAILURE BWAH."

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. Some parts of Indiana, too, although I did hear recently that maybe that's not true anymore.

ION, I love that calendar word count widget like in TKN's sig, but I'm pretty sure that if I put it in the sig of my 51K posts, I'd break the NaNo site.

It's already been funky for me. Kept getting a 404 error yesterday when updating my word count.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
There was a few hours where everyone was having that problem, yeah

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Went back to my original idea (shiny new one was slow and whiny ...) and restarted for 4877. Might get more in after dinner.

Remind me next time not to give in to commitment issues.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Heading to the airport with 7503 total, 2797 for the day. If I don't get to add today, I'll be okay with that.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Phew, am ending the day with 7.1K written today, for 13K total. My wrists are starting to complain though...

SinisterCola

The Caffeine Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Most of you seem to be doing extremely well! I did just over 1K yesterday and just under 2K today and felt pretty good about myself before coming here...!

That's progress, which is what's important in NaNoWriMo!

I wrote a lot today (for a total of just over 8k) because I know I tend to slip during the work week. Just wanted to give myself some wiggle room :)

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at 5139.

I did less than 2k yesterday, today was a biggie for me but I have a ton of other stuff on (marking, preparing lessons, studying, breathing) so I couldn't do too much.

SKDaley

Registered
Reaction score
So far, so good. Wrote one sentence, approximately 44 words yesterday, day one. Day two I'm at 4K, give or take. I stopped writing mid-scene to keep my momentum for tomorrow. I'm itching to get to the keyboard, but I'm pacing myself! It's a marathon, people, not a sprint. Well, for me, anyway...

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Up to 2400 now; only wrote 600 today, but considering I spent most of the day packing, I'm calling it a win. Tomorrow's going to be tricky--I'll be spending most of that on a plane--but I've got my notebook and two backup pens. I will prevail!

Rachel77

Registered
Reaction score
Just decided this evening to jump in with a new WIP (am in between the third and fourth drafts of my previous one, and desperately need a break from it for a little while). So...my word count is 1510 so far.

Ron Juckett

Registered
Reaction score
3906 today and 7536 so far.

Did 2 90-minute sessions a day, will back that to one tomorrow.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
I changed my project at the last minute and am working on a non-fic that I should have dealt with ages ago. Sticking to 2,000 words a day. (Non-fic is easier to write!) Up to 6,000.

Sunflowerrei

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleathy.com
Up to 3,124 words. Was finally able to update the word count on the site and might actually make daily word count goal for the day. I'm off tomorrow, so I should get in some good writing then.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
2678 today. 5035 total. One full day ahead of schedule, yay.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
4144 total at the end of the day, slightly more than 2000 each day. It's been dragging a bit. I'm not at all happy with the opening, but things are starting to happen now. Hopefully the next few days will be easier.

Alli B.

Registered
Reaction score
Today wasn't nearly as lucrative as yesterday was. I got 2,586. Here's to a better tomorrow!

Elidibus

Over 9000!!!!!!!
Registered
Reaction score
No. I can't come out to play. My muse won't let me
8909 for me so far. But this day has just begun! And no, that's not over the course of one day. That's after a few days. Today, just over 2200 words. I set a personal goal of 70K this year, since fifty is a little too easy, and I estimate my novel will be wrapping up around the 70K mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.