Neoterism November 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Wow. I was insane today. I did a bunch of short bursts all day long and managed about 5,000 words. It is my day off though. Granted, it's not stellar. I'm not touching it now of course though, although my fingers are fighting the urge to edit.

So I'm over the 9K mark in my NaNo. I had to play catch up since I hemmed and hawed if I was going to really do it or not.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the effort today, HistorySleuth! You're above par now.

I'm at 7230 on the NaNo Thing. Still wandering around in search of a story, but I've got words written down.

Just keep writing, just keep writing...

:e2fish:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Yay for words! Nice going, everyone! :D

I did manage to get some words out yesterday, a whopping 452. That brings me to a grand total of 2880 for NaNo. Not a stellar number. :(

Already starting to struggle with this story. My MC is a died in the wool Texan, and a charter member of the Good Ol' Boys Club. Needless to say, he and I have some conflicts going and I'm having trouble writing his story.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all

I am emerging from my cave to join this thread...

I lost most of September and October writing-wise due to various reasons...moving house; operation; sickness, to name a few.

However, now I've just made a start on draft 3 of the WIP and my goal is to make progress with this. I'm not setting a word count. There will need to be new words, and some words will need to be culled, and it's entirely possible that some of them are absolutely fine, but it's hard to tell.

Good luck to all those doing NaNo, and to everyone else with their goals.

Shara

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Great job on the words, everyone!

I've written for two days in a row. It could be a trend.

HistorySleuth

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Not to worry Ken. I know my bumbling Spiritualist is going to end up back in 1909 from messing with a Ouija board, but I have no clue what is going to happen when she finally gets there. :) It's all good.

I may not even get a decent story out of it or get to the 50k I just needed some just-do-it pantster action to loosen the cobwebs in my brain.

I'm off again today so I'll see how many words I get.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Wrote 881 words of a brand new chapter tonight. I think they're pretty good, too!

Shara

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Sounds like a great day for everyone! :Clap:

Did 2060 today. Despite getting to the part I felt was more clearly outlined, I'm still writing a sprawling mess. I'm learning not to think about it, though, and it's nice to be hanging out with these characters, even when they act like jerks. :D

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying a new writing routine of getting up at 5:30am and spending an hour writing in my pyjamas before getting ready for work.

This is so far only happening once a week, but it was this morning, and I got 642 words.

So between this morning and last night I have completed my extra chapter.

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
Mostly brainstorming yesterday on paper and with a friend from my writing group. I think I know where to go next in the narrative.

"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRR Tolkien

:Sun:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Nice wordage, everyone.

I think I may have to forfeit NaNo, as far as my new project goes at least. It just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. On the bright side, Kelli is talking to me again, and I have been able to get some words down on the third Kelli Storm book. :D

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote no words so far today, but here's hoping that I be writing some later.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on all the words, brainstorming, and having characters start talking again.:D

I wrote no words so far today, but here's hoping that I be writing some later.

:poke: Here's hoping the words start to flow, Mr Mitchell.

Only 137 words for me today. Been working on a sticky plot point that still isn't resolved. The rest of the evening will be spent on 'thinking time.'

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Ken, that sounds promising! :)

Gosh, seems like a lot of words are being typed around here!

I've been able to read and fiddle and fix on a couple of chapters of my old WIP the last couple of days. But I'm also reading for my online class, and tonight I just don't feel like doing anything. I think I need a night off :eek:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Thanks, MsDashwood. :D

Well, not a lot of wordage on the WIP, so far only 193. I did write a new blog post that was 279 words though. Does that count? :D It's a new weekly feature which was inspired by all of my research for the new series I was working on, which is now once again on the back burner. But the research is fascinating and I can't stop myself.

http://kenhoss.blogspot.com/2012/11/serial-killer-of-week-angel-maturino.html

ETA: Got a few more words on the WIP, now up to 307 for the day. :D Not a lot but I'll take it. So, if I count the blog post, then I have over 500 words for the day. Right?

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Go, word counts!

2326 today. I have to acknowledge to myself that I'm really still outlining...and maybe that's okay. It's also occurred to me I may need to split this into more than one book; but I'll get the ideas down first.

I've also been looking for a beginner's book on cosmology, because as it turns out watching Farscape reruns is not enough to help me write credibly about wormholes. :D

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
I've also been looking for a beginner's book on cosmology, because as it turns out watching Farscape reruns is not enough to help me write credibly about wormholes. :D

Try Stargate SG-1 reruns. :D

HistorySleuth

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
1,890 in the last couple days. Slower than the day before but I'm still on track. Pushed myself tonight so I would stay on target. And I was doing a fun part. :)