Joe Konrath issues challenge to fisk his latest blog entry or any of his blog entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
People can fisk my blog too, any time. It's attention, interaction and money in my adsense account. Why the heck would anyone be against that? Is it meant to be some kind of rare and courageous challenge?

And to 'fisk' is to quote something in full and add your own commentary or reaction. Or the name of my main character in my fantasy novel "The Nameless God", whichever you prefer.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not going to waste any time or brain cells on the blog. Old Joe lost me with his last commercially published book. I only made it about a third of the way through. It was so poor in comparison to previous books. There's a shark jump in there that was just the last straw. IIRC, the next manuscript was so bad the publisher rejected it, and then he was off to the world of self pub.

MM

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I allow people to fisk me only after buying me dinner and telling me I have pretty eyes.

Dude

you should at least hold out for a show too. And marshmallows and chocolate. And a pony..

And I wonder here...is Joe still coming to AW..or is someone stirring the pot? (thinking b here cos someone else linked to the threads first, the OP perhaps?n <--if not my apologies, but you can see how it looks?)

If a - Hai Joe!

If b - Stirring - Not cool

And in case it got missed in the other thread, here, you can have it for free again (with slight embellishment)

Konrath compares writers to Boxer working for the pigs in Animal Farm

By signing with Amazon, all he's done is swap pigs, from Napoleon to Ghengis. By his own analogy (that I do not agree with for the most part, but the parts I do agree with are so....vitriolic and 'I'm right and you are WRONG BABY!' I can't bring myself to say I like them) he's still Boxer. And he's trying to persuade people he isn't. Not cool.

And...

I'm censoring myself on the rest.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Joe Konrath's success in self-publishing was (eventually) driven by the fact he was able to stir the media's interest. That got his name everywhere, which provoked reader curiosity, which resulted in sales, which got him further media attention, and so on.

I think 50 Shades of Grey is succeeding for roughly the same reasons. Curiosity begets curiosity.

However, Mr. Konrath's 15 minutes are over. The drama and anthill-poking are likely his best attempt to keep the curiosity-cycle going.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
And I wonder here...is Joe still coming to AW..or is someone stirring the pot? (thinking b here cos someone else linked to the threads first, the OP perhaps?n <--if not my apologies, but you can see how it looks?)
In his/her very short time on AW, Draco has demonstrated a pro-Konrath bias and a fairly bait-y approach to discussions about him. I'm also starting to wonder if this is all being engineered.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder how good his sales are, since he keeps stirring up the blog pot to get more readers. When I first heard about him, I was impressed with his story (if not his actual writing). The more I read of his rants, the less I care.
I just did a quick skim of his Amazon numbers. The highest ranking title is his The Newbie's Guide To Publishing, a freebie. Everything else was at or near the mid 50,000's, one as low as 417,000 or so. Of course, that's probably all changed in the time I made this post.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Yes I am.

Read his comment and you may be intrigued as well. :D

I'm not. Nor am I interested in watching you pimp Konrath's blog—again—in another thread.

I'm locking this thread. You can appeal to Soccer Mom or Kitty27 if you'd like, but seriously, dude, you're coming across as a groupie.

Konrath takes comments; you can engage there.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't bother appealing to Soccer Mom. I'm not interested in giving Konrath yet another platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.