Query Help

Jessica_312

Registered
Reaction score
I know, I know, I'm a pain in the rear. There have been countless threads and links providing examples of successful queries. I've definitely read enough of them to understand query formatting and content. However, I'm hoping someone with experience can tell me if the premise/synopsis portion of my query is strong enough. Writing a synopsis has never been my strong suit, and I want to know if it makes enough sense, grabs enough attention, makes you want to read the story....

I have about a dozen queries out to agents at the moment (so far three of them came back with a "NO" within a day's time which doesn't instill confidence in me), and I'm hoping that if I get shut out in the first round, I can have a better synopsis ready to go for round two.

If anyone's willing to help, I'll PM the synopsis. Thank you in advance! :)

Last edited:

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
Ah, didn't see that. Thanks! :D

go there. love it. Even when the love takes on decided "Ike and Tina" overtones. You will learn a lot about queries, and about long form writing as well, if you actually stick around instead of just trying to get your card punched and get the hell out.

See you there,
quick