tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Is that anything like teat-time?

*typical male sometimes, it's true*

I saw something inappropriate there, too.

*Does not operate like standard female unit. Never has.*

If this is a metaphor for camouflage, then count me in.

If this is make-up, then golly, I have this thing with this guy, oterwise...

Silly CM, make-up is camouflage for women.

But I do need something to cover up the snark. People at Corporate Workplace Do. Not. Understand. It.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello gang!

I know I haven't been around much this weekend. With Mr. K home I try not to get on the computer as much. Plus there was 6 movies of Star Wars to consume, and that takes lots of time.

So, of course, I made resolutions to write/edit everyday. This is day 3 of the new year and this is the most I've written. :D But I have been reading, so that should so count.

So how's Tuesday so far?

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score

But I do need something to cover up the snark. People at Corporate Workplace Do. Not. Understand. It.

Would this explain why I never see the women in the department stores who want to always ask me "Can I help you" until it's too late to avoid them?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

I had this problem too at my last work place. They didn't like my sarcasm either. Got in a wee bit of trouble over it too.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, my snark is showing. Who wants to help me reapply concealer?

Snark should be proudly displayed at all times.

Especially in the corporate environment. Other coworkers should fear you and refer to you only in frightened, whispered tones as "the one who made Becky in Human Resources cry."

:evil

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Snark should be proudly displayed at all times.

Especially in the corporate environment. Other coworkers should fear you and refer to you only in frightened, whispered tones as "the one who made Becky in Human Resources cry."

This, yes, this.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I had this problem too at my last work place. They didn't like my sarcasm either. Got in a wee bit of trouble over it too.
I don't get in trouble, but I have to stop, backtrack and make it painfully obvious that I was only kidding/being silly/playing with hyperbole fire.

Most of the time it's something utterly ridiculous. It makes me sad a litle inside.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Would this explain why I never see the women in the department stores who want to always ask me "Can I help you" until it's too late to avoid them?

I got ambushed by one of their kin just before Christmas. Not the "Can I help you?" breed but the "Can I show you something?" kind.

Turned out to be some sort of home manicure thingy. She kept going on about Dead Sea Salts or something while she did things to my middle finger. I should have just politely said "no," but by the time I realized that she had a hold of my hand.

My nail is still a bit glaringly and disturbingly shiny.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This, yes, this.

I don't bother covering it.

I should perhaps point out that I do not work in corporate America, and was painfully unsuited for it in the brief six months I came close to doing so.

I work in Academia, which brings its own set of problems. I can, however, be snarky.

:D

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Ick.

Especially in Alaska, where I imagine such "leavings" might then freeze for more permanent display.

It's 15 below zero. Freezes before it hits the ground, depending on volume.

Benny. I think his name was Benny.

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
*pops in and waves* I haven't been to AWC in months... I missed it!

Your avatar choice looks frighteningly similar a girl I knew in high school -- long-distance girlfriend to a buddy of mine at the time. At least she grew up and made something of herself (works in the House of Commons in London, UK), while the buddy turned all stupid.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway ... hello there. :D

J. Koyanagi

Cyborg
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkoyanagi.com
Your avatar choice looks frighteningly similar a girl I knew in high school -- long-distance girlfriend to a buddy of mine at the time. At least she grew up and made something of herself (works in the House of Commons in London, UK), while the buddy turned all stupid.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway ... hello there. :D

I've always wondered if I had a doppleganger out there!

Hello. :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
YThough I confess to being slightly biased as I use absolutely zero Microsoft products.

:D

Adding my smiling OO face here, oh why is there no penguin smiley when you need one? :)

As I've just watched School of Rock* I say 'Stick it to THE MAN'

* Too many dwarf related themes in my life at the moment.

They didn't like my sarcasm either. Got in a wee bit of trouble over it too.
So your use of the English language was at a tangent to the normal use in corporate and company policy?

Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just ordered a bunch o Dark Blackout chocolate. I got 10% off their already low price (which is the lowest anywhere by about 50c/bar). I got 5% more off because I ordered so much. I got $5 off thanks to the promo code. I got free shipping. I used my new credit card that gives me an extra sliver of a discount at 1% cash back.

I'm paying 2.81 per 3.5oz bar.

It's like it's my birthday! Bwah ha ha!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
It's 15 below zero. Freezes before it hits the ground, depending on volume.

Oh that just sounds lovely...

I just ordered a bunch o Dark Blackout chocolate. I got 10% off their already low price (which is the lowest anywhere by about 50c/bar). I got 5% more off because I ordered so much. I got $5 off thanks to the promo code. I got free shipping. I used my new credit card that gives me an extra sliver of a discount at 1% cash back.

I'm paying 2.81 per 3.5oz bar.

It's like it's my birthday! Bwah ha ha!

You're sharing right? ;)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I set up the cocoa fountains, didn't I? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.