Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't read through all the geek posts, but Neil Gaiman caught my attention...

Not EVERYTHING I post is geek posts...

Okay, most of it is, but not all.

Yeah, there were a lot of those, weren't there? But at least we weren't talking about tongues again.

Can we talk IN tongues? :D

It's better to be bored to death than grossed out.

*sigh* Geek posts, right? :)

I would like to ask some questions and participate in some of the sacraments. :D

Ted didn't even have to offer candy this time. His sales pitch is improving.

And can I smell BBQ? :D

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Mutton BBQ is quite popular in KY/So. IL. Areas like Paducah is known for mutton bbq.

I feel the urge to preach a little bit...to testify...to deliver a sermon of the glorious Branch Tedians and the Stretch Armstrong Messiah!

But I need to go to work soon and just don't have the time.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is this from a recent episode? i.e. One I have not yet seen?

Am I going to have to get on my soapbox about spoilers?

*preps the box*
Oh, put your box down. Don't click it if you don't want to. :wag:

What I said doesn't reveal anything.

I'm sure you're safe. It's season 6.

If anyone can get on their soapbox about SN spoilers it's me. I'm probably the furthest behind around here. :rolleyes:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not a brand name. A recipe name. It's actually just caramel mousse, made with cooked condensed milk, but it's the name it goes by everywhere. :Shrug:

You know, the normal trend is to cover up the weird food with an innocuous sounding name. Like "Rocky Mountain Oysters."

Not hide a delicious dish behind something to make you shudder.

:Wha:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Supposedly, one of the big bosses is gonna be at work today. He's a short, over-developed guy who looks like he's from Jersey Shore. I keep waiting for him to lift his shirt and show his 6-pack during conversations.

Hmm...must be the season. Big bos was at our store, too. He gave me a lot of compliments about my department. :) We have, I think, around 10 of our stores here and he said my department looked better than any of the other stores. :) w00t! Not that I get a cookie or anything for it. :Shrug:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
It's the panic hitting them - their jobs are as much on the line as anyone, and they want to make damn sure everything is as prepared as it can be for the seasonal spending. Of course, given the economy, a lot of those guys in middle management are gonna be finding themselves out of work anyway as companies remove irrelevant positions.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
They already have...tons of people have lost there jobs. Especially anyone who has been there "for a while" and the higher ups. District manager got canned two weeks ago. The people who are making the most money are the ones they're aiming for. Anything they can pin on you or even suspect you of and you're out the door.

<----------- I just reached 30K, Can I have a Mustang?

Status
Not open for further replies.