Fagin February 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I've outlined what needs changing for the Big Climactic Chapter. I think it works now. (I think.)

Tonight I must make those changes. TONIGHT. I still have 23 chapters and a prologue to deal with (although I do think this particular chapter will be the worst).

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
I've outlined what needs changing for the Big Climactic Chapter. I think it works now. (I think.)

Tonight I must make those changes. TONIGHT. I still have 23 chapters and a prologue to deal with (although I do think this particular chapter will be the worst).

You can do it, Liz! :e2cheer:

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Yay me! 2098 words tonight but I had to stop as its 3AM and I kinda need some sleep. Boo sleep!

Plus, I did a proper back up of files and started to write notes for the redraft. #PRODUCTIVITY

Great work everyone!

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
A bit over 1,100 words for me today. Add that to 10 articles that I wrote for my clients and I had a super productive day! Plus, I am potty training my youngest son, so it was a super productive day with a lot of time spent walking back and forth from the potty room!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea how many words, because I'm doing a final revision of the outline, and tightening and chopping out characters and such - but yesterday I went from 9:30 am to 10:30 pm and got the rest of Part One, all of Part Two and a third of Part Three done. (which is frankly incredible)

Today I'm not even going to open the document.

Entertain me, please. :partyguy:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Sorry about the migraine Saoirse. You know, it's about time you caught a break on some of this stuff. I hope that happens soon.

I did NOT finish my chapter edits last night, because: Game of Thrones on DVD. By the time my husband and I got finished playing "Just ONE more episode" it was way too late to do any writing.

But I got through it today. Added 763 words to the manuscript (which I'd kind of been hoping not to; but that's less than I was fearing), and I think the whole scene works better.

I will try not to get sucked into too much TV tomorrow. :D

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I love GOT :). I found it helped that I'd read all the books so I knew who was who and what the hell was going on...

I had a great day yesterday and managed 2,510 words. Gonna try for the same again today!

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
mccardey, onesecond, liz CONGRATULATIONS! Saoirse, I'm so sorry about your migraine. About 300 so far today but I think it's just a start. I'm home from work with Meniere's going crazy. I may not be able to sit up straight, but thanks to the iPad, I can write about it. Fodder for disorienting readers. Smile at my teen who thinks that having owned a Commodore 64 makes me as fascinating as a dinosaur!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Thanks everyone.

It seems to be on its way out, so that's good. I wrote 1,861 words yesterday and today 2,296 words. My WIP is soclose to being done! Just gotta tie up some loose ends. My deadline to finish this draft is March 1st. I think I'll make it. :D

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Okay, weird thing. I was writing, and eight minutes before I was going to finish - I know, because that's how long was left on the album I was listening to that I was using as a marker - the phone rang. It was my dad, just calling for a chat. So anyway, I finished my day's writing there.

The word count? 2,510. Exactly the same as yesterday. Weird. Awesome, but weird. :D

P.S. Watched Galaxy Quest again tonight. Such a great film. Really great writing. Plus Sigourney Weaver. Can't go wrong!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Excellent words, everyone! Glad your migraine is backing off, Saoirse, but I'm sorry about the Meniere's, wonder. I despise vertigo - very hard to think, even if you stay still.

Edited a chapter and a half tonight. This is going more slowly than I'd like, but i need to do this carefully. A lot of the changes are very small details - just making sure the rightmbits of information are mentioned at the right times.

Smile at my teen who thinks that having owned a Commodore 64 makes me as fascinating as a dinosaur!

:roll: I learned to program on a Pet, with a little bitty chicklet keyboard. Maybe that's why I don't mind typing on the iPad!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It feels a lot like I'm just not making any real progress on this one, except that I've been here before and I know that progress is sometimes cunningly camouflaged as "WHY AM I DOING THIS AGAIN?"

Well done Namatu and Iam. OSG - that is weird. Very weird. Wonder - so sorry about the Menieres. It must drive you crazy.

Liz - go slowly :)

Good writing, everyone!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Wonderactivist - So sorry to hear about the Meniere's and vertigo. I've been struggling with vertigo for a long time. Hugs. I'm glad you can write on your iPad. :D

mccardey - I know that feeling well.

lizmonster - Good luck.

Namatu - Excellent words!

IAMWRITER - Go you!

OSG - That is weird and kind of cool. :D

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Met last Thursdays editing deadline with 20 minutes to spare. LOL.

Will finish February woefully short of my 20k word goal. Will be hard pressed to reach 10k, but forward progress nonetheless. Have a slightly better handle on where this story is going, anyway.

1116 words today.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
knightrunner, I meant to congratulate you on the great words yesterday, go you! I'm too dizzy today to even scroll the iPad. To make the best of it, I'm writing about nausea/vertigo--which makes me dizzy. 418 words. And liz, I think we dinosaurs should watch out for asteroids.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Got through Chapter 22, and planted an Important Object.

Next up is Chapter 21, my torture chapter. I am always torn between feeling like it goes too far, and like it does not go far enough.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
1,688 last night. Target was 2,000, but I have a good excuse.

I'm up in Scotland at the moment on a work trip, coming home tonight. So last night, I was in a hotel room, writing away. Headphones in, atmospheric music on.

CRASH as my bag falls off the chair in the corner.

AARGH I exclaim, actually quite loud. Then silence. I guess a door shutting made the floor vibrate or something, that's why the bag fell. Perhaps the lift. Not a ghost. I don't believe in them. Definitely don't believe in - I'll just check that there's no-one behind me. All clear. I try to compose myself and get back to writing.

Ten minutes later, I hear a grunt. I skip back a few seconds - no, it's not on the music. All clear behind me. Carry on writing. Getting near to the target for the night. Very sleepy now, thanks to a four am start. But getting there.

"Oh yeah."

Okay, that I didn't just imagine. Skip back ten seconds, twenty seconds, thirty seconds on the music. Definitely not there. Then a cough, throaty. Again. All clear behind me.

And so thin hotel walls, a weird coughing grunting guy next door, and spooky music are my excuse for stopping early last night. I can only imagine what Mr Grunt thought of my horrified yell when the bag fell over.