Not open for further replies.

Evelyn

I'm writing!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gailbridges.com
Yesterday, I received an acceptance from Naughty Nights Press for my erotica story "The Paint Job". The only problem was... I'd already signed a contract for the same story, with Ellora's Cave.

Oops.

I felt bad about not telling them I'd found a different publisher, but 1) Naughty Nights took seven months to respond, and 2) I figured it was an automatic reject since their 8-12 week response window had long passed.

But getting another acceptance for the story felt good anyway!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday, I received an acceptance from Naughty Nights Press for my erotica story "The Paint Job". The only problem was... I'd already signed a contract for the same story, with Ellora's Cave.

Oops.

I felt bad about not telling them I'd found a different publisher, but 1) Naughty Nights took seven months to respond, and 2) I figured it was an automatic reject since their 8-12 week response window had long passed.

But getting another acceptance for the story felt good anyway!

Offer it to them as a reprint? They may or may not bite, but it can't hurt to ask.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Parsec-winning podcast Toasted Cake bought "A Brief Respite from Eternity," a flash fiction story originally printed by Stupefying Stories, about love, virtual reality and the heat death of the universe.

Also: tomorrow morning I begin work on my first novel!!!

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Lots more good news here -- congratulations everybody!

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
Congrats, Alex!

With contracts signed, I've got a couple of sales to report.

Deep Cuts has purchased "Awaiting the Captain's Ghost" for their upcoming anthology. Also, my story "Present Company" (originally at EDF) will be reprinted in an Otto Penzler-edited anthology of mystery flash fiction titled Kwik Krimes.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Alex!

With contracts signed, I've got a couple of sales to report.

Deep Cuts has purchased "Awaiting the Captain's Ghost" for their upcoming anthology. Also, my story "Present Company" (originally at EDF) will be reprinted in an Otto Penzler-edited anthology of mystery flash fiction titled Kwik Krimes.

Yea, Michael! Congrats!

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, nice job Michael Haynes.

And congrats Alex and the new Michael.

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Now that I've received/signed the contract, I can say that my story "The Fugu Feast" won the most recent On the Premises contest (Time: #18). :D
The issue should be out in about a week and I'll be back here to share the link. :)

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my gosh Alex, I just read that you are beginning your first novel--best of luck with that wonderful, demanding process and all that comes after! Have fun and I can't wait to hear more about how it turns out. :)

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats again Alex and Michael for more publications; and Reynard for getting so close.

And Tienci- well done! I loved reading the suspense of you being a finalist, and it's great to have that finishing up with a win!

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to all the acceptances! And I'm with fihr - it was nice to see that maybe become a yes, Tienci! Major Kudos on that.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
So, I was thinking "You know, I'm closing in on 200 rejections, I'm due for an acceptance" and "Huh, usually Woman's World gets back quicker than this." And then these morning I eyed my absentee neighbour's overflowing mailbox and thought "I wonder..."

Well, skipping over the middle, possibly criminal part of this story, I received an acceptance from Woman's World for a mystery short :D! It should be on sale in January.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Well, skipping over the middle, possibly criminal part of this story, I received an acceptance from Woman's World for a mystery short :D! It should be on sale in January.

Congratulations, Sai!! Good thing you looked ;)

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
So, I was thinking "You know, I'm closing in on 200 rejections, I'm due for an acceptance" and "Huh, usually Woman's World gets back quicker than this." And then these morning I eyed my absentee neighbour's overflowing mailbox and thought "I wonder..."

Rifling through your neighbor's mail for an acceptance is perfectly acceptable. :tongue Kudos!

And congrats everyone else on the sales! :partyguy:

Status
Not open for further replies.