Complete 100 submittable submission:77/100
Edit some of book..

I need to write more poems :p

Last edited:

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
My goals are simple:

1.) Finish the novel I stared last month.

I have around 15k more to go. :)

Done! :hooray:

Now it's time to start a new project. :D

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
All I've done the past couple of days is attend classes. No actual homework progress... But I have a 3-day weekend starting tomorrow, so I should be able to get a lot done then.

Except that I think I'm definitely getting the flu this time. My throat is ridiculously sore!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, TNK!

Wrote about 775 words today, which puts me over my 1k/week goal for the week. That's the most I've written at a stretch in some time.

I'm anticipating a couple of uninterrupted writing hours tomorrow, so fingers crossed that I can get myself going again. Over the last few months I've gotten out of the habit of writing every day, and I'm trying hard to retrain myself.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
finally had to pull myself away from Say Yes to the Dress- guys that show is just so addicting! getting into writing now :)

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
Done! :hooray:

Now it's time to start a new project. :D

Damn TNK, I wish I could finish a novel that fast! I'm on my last rewrite from a novel I started a year and a half ago. Though I did take several months off in between...

Speaking of which, in the past 30 minutes I was able to write about 645 words! What! Maybe I'll get to my 5,000/6,000 word count goal this weekend!

Last edited:

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Damn TNK, I wish I could finish a novel that fast! I'm on my last rewrite from a novel I started a year and a half ago. Though I did take several months off in between...

Speaking of which, in the past 30 minutes I was able to write about 645 words! What! Maybe I'll get to my 5,000/6,000 word count goal this weekend!

Thanks! I only write that fast during Nano related events. :)

The rest of the year I manage a minimum of 350 words a day, five days a week. That way even if I don't want to write, I at least get something done.

It's a short middle grade novel. Also, I have another middle grade novel I've been fighting with for two years.

Good luck on your own writing. I understand exactly how addicting Say Yes to the Dress is. ;)

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, TNK!

Wrote about 775 words today, which puts me over my 1k/week goal for the week. That's the most I've written at a stretch in some time.

I'm anticipating a couple of uninterrupted writing hours tomorrow, so fingers crossed that I can get myself going again. Over the last few months I've gotten out of the habit of writing every day, and I'm trying hard to retrain myself.

Thanks. :)

Congratulations on your own writing, and good luck for tomorrow. ♥

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Edited my short paper down from 620 words to 522 words, which means it's now in range. Plus, it actually makes a lot more sense now. :tongue I hope. Then did proper referencing/formatting. So now, really, I could hand it up - but I'm going to let it sit for a while longer, in case I think of anything else to do to it. :)

Not bad for an "I have the flu" day. :)

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Goals list for May:
- write global law paper (5000-6000 words)
- write philosophy of law paper (5000 words)
- edit Valentina and the Masked Mummy
- write blurbs for upcoming books
- finish writing The Clumsy Magician WIP
- edit The Clumsy Magician WIP
- write all posts for blog tour
- edit The Gatekeeper
- write 30+ reviews for on my book blog

That's quite a list! Phew. Updates coming soon (hopefully)

Last edited:

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Progress (from May 1 - May 10)
- write global law paper (5000-6000 words): update: 3k/5-6k finished
- write philosophy of law paper (5000 words)
- edit Valentina and the Masked Mummy
- write blurbs for upcoming books
- finish writing The Clumsy Magician WIP
- edit The Clumsy Magician WIP
- write all posts for blog tour: update: 3/8 posts written
- edit The Gatekeeper
- write 30+ reviews for on my book blog: update: 18/30+ reviews written

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got about 300 words written today - ended up not having as much time between shows as I'd hoped. Still, I think I wrote about 1500 words this week. Next week I'll do better.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just did 2 readings for social theory class. They totaled about 20 pages. There's 1 more reading to do for that class, which is 25 pages on its own, so I think I'll leave that till I'm somewhat more with it.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man, I'm finally done with my query and can get back on track. I've only added 1,280 words since that 4k day.

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
Some brilliant progress everybody. Keep up the good work!

Update from moi:

1) Finish the first draft of WIP (maybe 20k to go). Nearly... nearly. I think I'm within 10k, likely less.
2) Get to at least 5k of the other WIP. I've got about 2.5k down.
3) Get some plans down for the middle meat of the third. Still suffering minor blocks with this one as I totally love it too much... this said I've discovered a little more of the story and the plotholes are no longer a problem. As it's my baby, I'm thinking about moving it to be WIP2 after my current WIP is done...

I'd love to have a first draft of this by July.

Eep!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Critiqued 3 short stories for class tomorrow. I probably won't be going in to the class itself, as I'm still sick - but I can post my critiques online for the students to see. :)

Next up, I guess I'll work on editing that short paper for research methods.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Uploaded the crit comments, and then found something posted by my research methods lecturer that meant I had to change my assignment. Basically, I'd somehow missed the fact that the Excel file had separate tabs (Excel is something I don't use much). So the main tab didn't have the information I needed, so I assumed it wasn't there - but other tabs did have that info. So yeah - I had to quickly change my paper to include this new data.

It's due tomorrow, so I'll wait and do another edit on it, but I'm glad the lecturer posted that, or else I would've looked like an idiot!

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Thank God you noticed in time! ^^

Anyway, I'm going to try and add another 2-3k to my Global Law paper, and basically finish the first draft, today. Then I hope to do two more readings for my sociology class.

In terms of writing, my editor got back to me with edits for my picture book, so that's on the schedule for today. I also want to write a blog post about my audiobooks, need to finish a few more interviews / guest posts for my tour, and work on my short story for the week.

Looks like it'll be a busy day. :)

Edit: Forgot to add that I want to write two reviews for on my book review blog.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, good thing I noticed, definitely! I was actually considering submitting it this morning, and the lecturer didn't post that note til around noon, so I would've missed it. Eek!

But yeah. I'll be skipping class tomorrow due to health issues, so I can work on it tomorrow from home. It just needs a basic edit, really. I might even do it tonight, I'm not sure.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Feel better, Cliff! :)

I am having weirdly productive spurts during my weekends. It's Monday and I have almost finished my homework for this week (and a decent chunk for next week...). It's nice getting stuff done while still getting enough sleep AND watching Batman movies and playing video games. :tongue

Oh, hey, I wrote something this weekend too! :D The only problem is it's a nonfiction piece and in my goals this month I specified I wanted to write fiction. -.- Never in past months have I specified fiction like that... When I finally got around to writing something I can't even count it. :gaah

Oh well. :tongue I still have month left.

~Amber~