• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Pronghorn Press

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Most of their covers look good. I haven't looked at sample texts yet, but they seem to be a very niche market. Amazon shows ten pages of Pronghorn Press books, but only the first page has sales ranks under 100K. The rest run from 300K to over 1,000,000. Not great sales estimates for Amazon - maybe Pronghorn is selling better, elsewhere?

They can ask for a marketing plan, but I'd want to know what *they* are doing to sell books.

Jassack

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.djdavisauthor.com
They can ask for a marketing plan, but I'd want to know what *they* are doing to sell books.

According to their blog, not much. Unless I missed something.

http://pronghornpressaudio.com/blog/
"Well, that seems to be the end of this mini course of self publishing. I wish I had a solid multi-step program you can follow to success but, unfortunately for all of us, it just doesn’t work that way. Like the rest of us, you will just have to step out onto the marketing path and see what you can learn. Work hard and you’ll find a path that works for you book! And don’t forget to enjoy the trip!"

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I cringed a little when I read that, and saw the Author Services section.

Tiny publishers with a very broad genre catalog run the risk of not being able to effectively any of them. The contacts needed to market cowboy poetry, erotica, and mysteries are not the same. And they are placing screenplays, too? Sigh.

They might be a great place for the right author who already has a great platform. But in that case, there are stronger, more well-established publishers with better marketing abilities. Pronghorn has to offer solid reasons for authors to choose them.

They've been around since 1999, so they are unlikely to change now.

Last edited: