• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Brick Cave Books / Brick Cave Media

ironmikezero

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm... not much info about this Arizona pub. Their submission page indicates a pretty narrow window for consideration. Preferred format is a little vague... Snail mail only for subs?

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Brick Cave also handles film and audio projects. From a 2012 interview with founder Bob Nelson:

My Name is Bob Nelson, and I stay busy in Mesa as the CEO of Brick Cave Media and the Executive Director of Anthology, Inc...

When I first moved to the valley in 1994, I was interested in creating a publishing company. It was in the middle of the desktop revolution, and the idea of publishing a magazine was attainable. I wasn’t sure I knew what I wanted to
publish, but I had always enjoyed poetry, and had written 3 chapter books of poetry by that time. A Mutual friend introduced me to Joe Giunta, who had also been publishing his own writing under the Anthology moniker. So, we endeavored to create a new literary magazine, called it Anthology, and away we went for the
next 10 years. Joe moved on to other endeavors in 1996, and Sharon Skinner and I continued to produce the magazine until 2004. We first tried to sell Anthology as a pdf file in 1997, but soon found out we were a little ahead of ourselves. In 1999, I
started a webs casting show called SpokeWorld.com, and again found I was a little
ahead of myself. In 2002, I opened the Anthology Café in Mesa as a way to try and
create a literary hub in the east valley. In 2008, Joe and I started working together
again, and I created Brick Cave Media to start to organize the various projects that
were exploding across my desk, and still are to this day.
http://azpublishingservices.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/talking-to-robert-nelson-brick-cave.html

Of the 20 books currently available from Brick Cave no fewer than 15 are by Nelson, Skinner and Giunta; the others are collections of poetry.