• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Jill Grinberg Literary Management

Verlin

Coattail Karma guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.verlindarrow.com
Rosina, I understand. I played volleyball in southern Italy for a year (a long time ago). The grandmothers would hide their charge's faces so that the foreigner wouldn't give them the evil eye.

I wish you well, as well, and I'll employ whatever talismans and totems will help things work out. (I'll figure them out later.)

Thanks again.

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Very happy to read all the info here. Was frustrated I couldn't email query (based on website), then confused because my research turned up conflicting info, and so glad AW is helping everyone share this info. I hope they improve their website, but maybe that's part of the weeding process. If you don't take the time to research the agent and agency, you're not doing yourself any favors.

BlankPage

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the "info" email address still gives an auto-reply? I emailed a query last week, but didn't receive any kind of auto-response.

Rysanthemums

Registered
Reaction score
I sent an adult speculative commercial fiction query to [email protected] on 6/11/16 and got a rejection on 6/17/16. As of now it seems she's being very selective with new clients.

RaggedEdge

I can do this
Registered
Reaction score
So I'd like to query Jill Grinberg and I'm grateful for this thread which indicates I'm not relegated to snail mail only. However, I have a couple questions: Is it fine to include the name of the agent in the subject line, or do they prefer to decide which agent is the best fit? Also, are people still attaching their first 50 pages as a Word doc, or including in the body of the email, or neither?

Thanks for any help!

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
So I'd like to query Jill Grinberg and I'm grateful for this thread which indicates I'm not relegated to snail mail only. However, I have a couple questions: Is it fine to include the name of the agent in the subject line, or do they prefer to decide which agent is the best fit? Also, are people still attaching their first 50 pages as a Word doc, or including in the body of the email, or neither?

Thanks for any help!

You can always use the name of the specific agent you're querying in the salutation of the query letter itself. That way they'll know right away you have someone in mind.

Per QT, Publisher's Marketplace says to attach the 50 pages. (I have not looked at PM to confirm that, however.)

RaggedEdge

I can do this
Registered
Reaction score
You can always use the name of the specific agent you're querying in the salutation of the query letter itself. That way they'll know right away you have someone in mind.

Per QT, Publisher's Marketplace says to attach the 50 pages. (I have not looked at PM to confirm that, however.)

zmethos - Thanks! Good tip. I have a PM membership so I'll check there.

moonwatch178

The Angels Have The Phone Box
Registered
Reaction score
In case other members are wondering, her Publisher's Marketplace page says to attach the first 50 pages in .doc format.

Last edited:

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
It's been about a year, so I'm also going to ask: any updates? I'd love to check the Grinberg literary website for info but it's currently down. :S

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
I believe this was one of the harder queries to sort out--at least for me--I queried on April 18th, got an automatic reply thanking me and saying:

For all inquiries regarding representation: if you have not done so already, please email your query letter with the first 50 pages of your manuscript or proposal attached as a Microsoft Word document (docx.) so that we may best evaluate your submission. Please note that we receive many queries, and we endeavor to respond to each as promptly as possible.

All other inquiries will be responded to separately.

Thank you for your patience!

And have not heard anything since, but that was near the end of my agent querying and I don't expect to hear much. Hope that helps.

novelgirl

YA Fantasy Novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennadevillier.wordpress.com
I queried Katelyn Detweiler on 9/4 with my first 50 pages pasted (pasting rather than attaching for queries is a reflex at this point!), and I'm wondering if I should resend with them as an attachment... I'll probably just wait and see what happens.