XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM_Lyvers

Wonder Brat
Registered
Reaction score
Awwww, well now I kinda want to have tea with the hat velociraptor. We already have one thing in common. I wonder if he or she is an earl grey drinker or ceylon?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
My household is so wrong on so many levels. SO many educated people, so many books, we could be talking about Tolstoy or the fall of the Roman Empire, or supernovae. So what are we talking about?

The merits of Scooby versus Scrappy.

I weep for the future.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awwww, well now I kinda want to have tea with the hat velociraptor. We already have one thing in common. I wonder if he or she is an earl grey drinker or ceylon?

Dragon Eye Oolong, of course.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
A little like this.
That is almost exactly what I had in mind.

And, I really hope I'm not normal.

Years ago, I found out that my dad had been given a sanity test. So I asked him what was involved. They ask lots of questions he said. And how do they decide if you're sane then? And he said, well, they take your answers and see how normal they are. So I said 'how do they know what's normal?". *Long silence*

AM_Lyvers

Wonder Brat
Registered
Reaction score
Dragon Eye Oolong, of course.

Hmmm, I wonder what delectable treat goes with that? Maybe a frosted whatever-is-left-of-the-dragon?

Ha ha, get it? Cuz Dragon Eye Oolong, it's just using his eye so it's funny. Oh I crack myself up.

Last edited:

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Honest to God, I've always defined "normal" as "not like me." Seriously.

This.

Honestly, if what I think is normal (i.e., what is suggested as 'normal' through movies, tv shows, and cultural expectations in general) is actually normal, then that is not what I want to be.

Though, there are times where I expect that even the so-called 'normal' people worry that they're not normal enough. I enjoy archetypes as much as the next writer, but human personalities are so multi-faceted that they simply can't be encompassed fully on any bulletin board or glossy magazine cover.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
My household is so wrong on so many levels. SO many educated people, so many books, we could be talking about Tolstoy or the fall of the Roman Empire, or supernovae. So what are we talking about?

The merits of Scooby versus Scrappy.

I weep for the future.

How can you argue about such a thing? Scooby will always win out over Scrappy.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
How can you argue about such a thing? Scooby will always win out over Scrappy.

the debate ended at much the same conclusion. It has evolved into the level of horribleness that defines Scrappy.

AM_Lyvers

Wonder Brat
Registered
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is anyone currently on submission to agents? My mind is numbing over a little and I've got a writers conference this weekend. I've got two fulls out and the wait is making me crabby. I prolly just need another cup of tea ~.~

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is anyone currently on submission to agents? My mind is numbing over a little and I've got a writers conference this weekend. I've got two fulls out and the wait is making me crabby. I prolly just need another cup of tea ~.~

Yes, I'm currently in agent-hunting mode, though no fulls or partials are out at the moment :p

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

Been there, hated it. :Hug2: My advice: find something else to work on. If you're busy creating Masterpiece Number Two, you won't think about Masterpiece Number One.

AM_Lyvers

Wonder Brat
Registered
Reaction score
Been there, hated it. :Hug2: My advice: find something else to work on. If you're busy creating Masterpiece Number Two, you won't think about Masterpiece Number One.

That's exactly what I'm doing and it's been working, except for today. Guess I just need a slap in the face to get on with it. On a completely random note, whenever I need encouragement to do something, I always get a flash of that scene in Monthy Python and the Holy Grail where the whole cast shouts, "Get on with it!"
That's what's happening in my head right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.