• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Samhain Publishing

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Fifteen weeks and finally a form rejection, addressed to someone who is not me!!! Makes you wonder if the manuscript was even read. Beyond frustrating after all this time.
E-pub here I come!

Well, crapola, harriet. I'm so sorry. I'm pretty sure I'll be right behind you on that e-pub road. Dreams* die hard though, don't they?

*you know, the kind of dream where you enter a bookstore and see your book on display. Or at the very least, on a shelf.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Fifteen weeks and finally a form rejection, addressed to someone who is not me!!! Makes you wonder if the manuscript was even read. Beyond frustrating after all this time.
E-pub here I come!

Just a thought - you might want to query back and make sure that is *your* rejection. I know it's unlikely but you never know...

And Samhain *is* an epublisher. You mean you're going to self-publish, right?

:D

harriet47

journo turned novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
harrietschultz.blogspot.com
I did ask if the rejection sent to "Ms. Jones" was meant for me and the ed. said it was. Pooh.
I know Samhain is an e-pub, so what I mean is I'm off to Kindle land (and also Smashwords for the Nook and Sony reader). Cover art in place, promotion plan in mind and excited to FINALLY be able to not have to wait almost 16 weeks for a big, fat, uninformative R. Watch for LEGACY OF THE HIGHLANDS, a contemporary romantic suspense novel coming soon. I'll let you know when it goes "live."

Creative_Solitude

All the world's a stage...
Registered
Reaction score
E-pub here I come!

Wow...that really sucks. I subbed to them not too long ago. fifteen weeks seems like a lifetime. Not holding out too much hope with them...

harriet47

journo turned novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, creative solitude. I hope that the editor who reads your work is actually someone who enjoys your genre. My manuscript, which went in unsolicited, wound up with someone who enjoys sci fi and paranormal. Mine is neither, so I'm not surprised that it didn't resonate with her.

Reaction score
You can send a manuscript FAO a particular editor, can't you? Perhaps someone who's published with Samhain could enlighten me on that, but that's the impression I got from reading their submission guidelines (which I admit I haven't read for a while, as I haven't subbed there in nearly a year and a half).

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
They're looking for horror submissions, so I went to their "Editor's Corner" section and found the editor that does horror and put his name on my query. That's probably the best way to insure your submission gets to the proper editor.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
E-pub here I come!

Samhain is e-pub. Do you mean self-pub?

ETA: Obviously this has already been addressed. Sorry. I missed that the post was at the end of a page, not the end of the thread!

Last edited:

DruidKitt

Snarky McWriterPants
Registered
Reaction score
Wow...that really sucks. I subbed to them not too long ago. fifteen weeks seems like a lifetime. Not holding out too much hope with them...

I subbed to them at the beginning of August, so I'm coming up on 14 weeks now.
I've got a friend that's pubbed with them, and so far she's really happy, so I'd love a shot at them, but you're right, Solitude, the waiting blows!

harriet47

journo turned novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
If anyone wants to check out a description of my book (Legacy of the Highlands, available in Amazon's e-book Kindle store), it's listed in AW's Library, along with a lot of other AWers' works. Good luck to all of you who are still on submission with Samhain and others. This is a tough business and I finally ran out of patience waiting months for responses. Now it's all up to me (gulp)!

Creative_Solitude

All the world's a stage...
Registered
Reaction score
I subbed to them at the beginning of August, so I'm coming up on 14 weeks now.
I've got a friend that's pubbed with them, and so far she's really happy, so I'd love a shot at them, but you're right, Solitude, the waiting blows!

Update:

As of November 1st, I received a contract offer from Rebel Ink Press. We're aiming for an April 2012 release of my book.

However, I did email Samhain immediately after I signed the contract to let them know I received another offer from another publisher and wanted to withdraw my manuscript from consideration with them. They promptly emailed me back, thanking me for taking the time to let them know.

I do hope you hear something from them soon and wish you the best of luck! I hope you get an acceptance! :)

DruidKitt

Snarky McWriterPants
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Creative!

Form R, just one day shy of 14 weeks. This was my first novel, and I think I'm going to shelve it for a while. I think it'll need overhauling if I decide to make the query rounds again with it.

Congratulations on your upcoming release with Rebel! Exciting :)

Last edited:

anne.arthur

Registered
Reaction score
At almost exactly the 12 week mark, I received an offer from Samhain for my m/m contemporary romance novel. Contract negotiations were painless, and I'm stoked to be working with this publisher!

Sorin

Rollin' up my sleeves
Registered
Reaction score
At almost exactly the 12 week mark, I received an offer from Samhain for my m/m contemporary romance novel. Contract negotiations were painless, and I'm stoked to be working with this publisher!

Congrats, Anne!

I'm at week . . . (looks at Excel file) . . . one. Ok. *exhale* Time to stop obsessively checking my email and back to work on my next project. I hope to be able to post some good news here in about 11 more weeks!

sumthinirote

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.doralynn.net
Congrats, indeed!

I'm at 19 weeks and one day. I chased it two weeks ago, and it is still being considered. I was told I'd hear soon. I don't want to pressure the editor. He's busy. But how long should I wait to ask again? I'm worried an e-mail will be sent, and my isp will block it... then I'll be sitting around wondering for a month, only to find out a reply has already been sent. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

sumthinirote

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.doralynn.net
It's been 2 weeks since I posted the above, and I still haven't received word. It's just over 21 weeks now. I guess I should give up on this one.

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I've been waiting eight months on my last sub. Not sure what is happening there.

Edited to add: my mistake, not theirs--apologies.

Last edited: