XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Bos, you should check her out. She is literally the funniest person on the Interwebz.

I once burst a blood vessel in my eye while reading her blog.*

From the laughing, you see.

*this did not actually happen, but if it was to happen, she would be the one to inspire it.

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Another thing to add to my great day:

I've been stuck on the ending scenes for this one novel, so I went ahead and just started writing, deciding to just go as far as I could with it. And as I was writing, a deliciously evil idea just popped up and I was like, "Holy $%@#!" It doesn't solve all my problems, but it fixes some of them while also adding a perfect extra element of tension and setting up something that happens in the next book.

:yessmiley

Ah, why bother with coffee when I have piracy issues to keep me warm? :mad:

What?? who's pirating your stuff? Let me at 'em!! :box:

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
You have a chocolate tech? Where do you work, 'cause I want in! Nao!

Yes, I have at least two techies in my office who are quite liberal with handing out chocolate to those nearby their offices, including me. One of them is an elderly German man who, if you believe his stories, subsists entirely on beer and chocolate. He even once asked me to include that as his 'dietary restrictions' for a conference he was attending :D

That being said, however, the dark chocolate barely makes up for what we have to put up with around here. As much as it would be great to have an AW buddy in the office, I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone I liked.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Another thing to add to my great day:

I've been stuck on the ending scenes for this one novel, so I went ahead and just started writing, deciding to just go as far as I could with it. And as I was writing, a deliciously evil idea just popped up and I was like, "Holy $%@#!" It doesn't solve all my problems, but it fixes some of them while also adding a perfect extra element of tension and setting up something that happens in the next book.

Nice!

One of them is an elderly German man who, if you believe his stories, subsists entirely on beer and chocolate. He even once asked me to include that as his 'dietary restrictions' for a conference he was attending :D

I want to be that elderly German man when I grow up.

That being said, however, the dark chocolate barely makes up for what we have to put up with around here. As much as it would be great to have an AW buddy in the office, I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone I liked.

Aww, that's sweet. But I work in a total sh!thole, so I doubt it's worse. :)

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Teehee:

420139_3404372071508_1336059388_33305675_2140817761_n.jpg

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I just did something cruel to a friend. I bought her the first book of a series I know she'll love.

I'm mean like that.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I just did something cruel to a friend. I bought her the first book of a series I know she'll love.

I'm mean like that.

I agree, that was low. if you really loved her, you'd have bought her the whole set.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do snow peas count as bush beans?

And :gaah and :rant:about your problems with HR. Ya ought to be paid, plain and simple.

Pole, but there is apparently a dwarf variety that doesnt need staking. It is also shade tolerant so I might stake some in one corner.

Dare I ask what is going on with your HR department? Are they refusing to pay you???

As for beans, I'm not sure if they're a bush bean or a vine bean, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE raw green beans. My grandmother used to grow them and after she picked a bushel or so, she'd invite me over to pull off the tips and I would help myself to a handful or two ;)

HR claims they cant possibly pay me for work I did bc theres some magic deadline I was not informed of when previously calling about it.

Many green bean varieties are bush beans. And some arent green :) I like these cooked though.

I have no good Indian place around here, cheap or otherwise.

:e2bummed:

Me either. And the ones an hour away suck. The one an hour and ten away is good but I have to pay nearly four bucks in tolls.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Here I am, Cantina!

*sits on the floor*

How is everyone? Thanks for encouragement when I had a pity party yesterday. Not sure it's over, but I am trying.

Are we telling dirty Star Wars jokes now? :Wha:

Status
Not open for further replies.