Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
So... I need a name for an overweight superheroine with gravity-controlling abilities (and please do not be afraid to let me know if you find that offensive, I've been reassured it's not a dozen times but it's nowhere near too late to change her powers yet). Wears a brightass pink costume. Part of a super-duo with a female pyrokinetic/bruiser called Saffron who wears a brightass orange costume. Arch-nemesis is a supervillainess with power over ice and cold whose costume strongly resembles dominatrix gear.

Oh man... While we're at it, I need a name for the friggin' ice lady too. I sometimes hate how otherwise fully-formed characters drop themselves in my lap without names.

Basically, I think this idea sprung from all the heavy girls I've known (biblically xD) with confidence issues. This chick, she has none of those. Confidence may as well be her second superpower. So bombastic and potentially cheeky names are totally okay.

Fat gravity-controlling girl: Something astronomical, I think. Either Planetoid (which is more superhero-y) or White Dwarf (more appropiate due to its density and pull)

Ice Villainess: Frigid, Snow Queen, Bianca, Thundra.

Stick to the illiteration, my friend. I love the amount of illiteration in your storeh.

Ah yes, and check your reps :) I sent you a shamelessly blatant ego boost xD

Thank you. :) Hugs to you too, darling.

The alliteration thing was started out as ages ago when I was 13 or 14 and imagined them in such a cold and bureaucratic society people could only have imagination to name their children not too dissimilar than their surnames and was kept mostly due habit.

So guys, um. I know the world isn't ending tomorrow, so I really have no excuse for getting all sentimental on y'all, but I've had a lot of time to think with being ordered to rest and all, and I really just want to thank you guys for putting up with me when I was absolutely no fun to be around. The fact that I was incredibly depressed is no excuse for being as big an ass as I've been. I've been very hard to like this year, and yet so many of you reached out to me and remained totally accepting.

Frankly, my fellow Cantinaites, you deserve at least partial credit for the current, smiling Raven you see before you now. And, you know, I can't really raise a toast to you all while on ridiculous amounts of acetaminophen, but I can make you all coffee :e2coffee:

:Hug2:

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
It is now 12:23AM here in Ottawa.

I'm not dead...yet. Just in case you were wondering...or cared in any way. X3

Now, I'm off to do something stupid*. =^_^=

*It's actually something really good, but just for a stupid reason.

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Supposedly in the next 33 minutes all the power in the world will go out because of a plentary alignment. Supposedly happens every 11,000 years. How do they know? They had electricity 11,000 ago to test this theory?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Psst, I debunked that around age eight during a 'cruise' around the Thousand Islands.

You cruised around...dressing?

So would everyone be ok with the highly unskilled newb joining the SSSFF... ummm yeah the fun thing Fen is hosting? If I am deemed worthy can someone post a link for me? I don't travel outside the Cantina and I'm afraid I might get lost in here.

I believe it's open to all, Stanley. :)

You only have to back out one step, to Sci Fi/Fantasy, then scroll down until you find Fen's threat.

Heh. I mean Fen's thread (but it's full of her threats, so...)

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Power's still on. Oh well, Myth is Busted.

ETA: I did it. I left the Cantina. It was scary out there. Be nice to me Fen and give me someone who can appreciate a newb's work.

Last edited:

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no! It happened. The rapture happened and you all got taken and now I'm all alone!

*runs around freaking out, slamming windows and shutters of ginger bread.*

Must keep the demons at bay!

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the world is still here. Apparently 11:11 GMT is the time - just under three hours away. So if everything ends there, I will be at my desk at work at the time. I could think of better ways to go.

So guys, um. I know the world isn't ending tomorrow, so I really have no excuse for getting all sentimental on y'all, but I've had a lot of time to think with being ordered to rest and all, and I really just want to thank you guys for putting up with me when I was absolutely no fun to be around. The fact that I was incredibly depressed is no excuse for being as big an ass as I've been. I've been very hard to like this year, and yet so many of you reached out to me and remained totally accepting.

Frankly, my fellow Cantinaites, you deserve at least partial credit for the current, smiling Raven you see before you now. And, you know, I can't really raise a toast to you all while on ridiculous amounts of acetaminophen, but I can make you all coffee :e2coffee:

:Hug2: You're welcome. Feel better soon.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning everyone.

You cruised around...dressing?

I believe it's open to all, Stanley. :)

You only have to back out one step, to Sci Fi/Fantasy, then scroll down until you find Fen's threat.

Heh. I mean Fen's thread (but it's full of her threats, so...)

:ROFL: x2

Power's still on. Oh well, Myth is Busted.

ETA: I did it. I left the Cantina. It was scary out there. Be nice to me Fen and give me someone who can appreciate a newb's work.

:)

You folks are gonna make this random assignment thing hard ;) Oh well, matching 'couples' might be my new evil talent.

I'll have to tell everyone how I got paired one year. ..two uears ago I think.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
*backreads*

Long shorts, novellas, short novels... Man, you guys are pretty much describing the nebulous middle ground between magazines like Weird Tales in the forties and the short novels which appeared back-to-back (two novels a book) in the fifties and early sixties. There was a point where that awkward length (well... what is considered a rather awkward length now) was one of the standard lengths. The only difference is that the shape of the novels then and now are slightly different - people don't seem to follow the rule about having something happen every two or three pages. And you guys need to read this. Follow it. It will help.

And dog photos. Man, you guys are gonna drive me nuts. I really, really miss having a dog... *sigh*

BW, the new avatar is hilarious.

Well, that's one word for it...

:popcorn:

So... I need a name for an overweight superheroine with gravity-controlling abilities (and please do not be afraid to let me know if you find that offensive, I've been reassured it's not a dozen times but it's nowhere near too late to change her powers yet). Wears a brightass pink costume. Part of a super-duo with a female pyrokinetic/bruiser called Saffron who wears a brightass orange costume. Arch-nemesis is a supervillainess with power over ice and cold whose costume strongly resembles dominatrix gear.

Drop what you have into The Sandbox and you'll get more suggestions than you can deal with. :D

Frankly, my fellow Cantinaites, you deserve at least partial credit for the current, smiling Raven you see before you now.

This is personal growth. :) Not for us to claim credit.

Now, I'm off to do something stupid*. =^_^=

*It's actually something really good, but just for a stupid reason.

Do I really want to know about this?

Whatever you are up to, try not to get caught. Or hurt.

Max is saner? That means we're both in Dutch.:)

Tsk. Max is waaaay saner than I am. :D

And I don't think Bos has seen your linkage yet.

Well, as a pagan, I am still here. :)

I'm... complicated (that is so a religion now) and I am still here. Whether this is a good thing or not is for you guys to decide...

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, guys. Off to the doctor's again in a few mins. Stupid finger. And it's not even the interesting one.

I need a name for a dog that's super geeky. I thought this might be the right place for that :D I have one: Book. Because it's a German Shepherd, and Shepherd Book is in Firefly... geddit? But I'm not sold on it. Need moar.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am a six-elbowed, slightly 'eartbroken snake eater.

*nods*

*glares*

snickers_wrapped.jpg

Win.

Fen, I'm signing up as soon as I leave this thread.

BTW, I forgot how early 4 am is.

Morning gang. Whut up?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning :chair

We're all still here then, did someone call off the apoxyclipse?

How nice to wake up to lots of 'dawwwwww'.

Oh, and it's my one year AW anniversary. :Cake:

Thanks you guys, you're all awesome.

I believe I have things to do but I have no idea what yet so todays list may well end up being short than yesterdays - which I finished.

:Coffee:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy anniversary, Ali!

Morning, guys. Off to the doctor's again in a few mins. Stupid finger. And it's not even the interesting one.

I need a name for a dog that's super geeky. I thought this might be the right place for that :D I have one: Book. Because it's a German Shepherd, and Shepherd Book is in Firefly... geddit? But I'm not sold on it. Need moar.

Is he like Sheperd Book? Is he like another Firefly character? Maybe Giles or Ripper? :)

And we need a doggie update. You implied Timmy would be leaving us way back when :(

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
BW - complicated is most definietly a religion. Most definietly.

Ion, finished the Christmas shopping today. Am munching on mince pie drops (shortbread drops with the Christmas fruit mince in the centre). Went back to the pound, big cat still hasn't showed up.

Way before she nicked off we'd planned to get a kitten straight after Christmas. Given for the next month and a half absolutely all of us our home, it's still the best time, so while looking for the older cat, we peered at some feisty kittens.

So small. I always forget how small they are.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And we need a doggie update. You implied Timmy would be leaving us way back when :(

It wasn't implied. It was straight-out stated :D

Yes, Timmy has cardiomyopathy, which is terminal. Back in March, they gave him six to nine months. However, here we are, nine months later, and my boy is responding well to meds and can still go on 30 minute walks, during which he plays and runs. I have noticed he's getting a bit worse, but he's not nearly at the point yet where I have to make a decision. He's still naughty as hell :heart:

Happy anniversary, Ali! :hooray:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

Dude, is there a thread on the board for resources? This link was cute, but it led me, by a rather circuitous route, to this, which is a cache of pdf's of government publications from WWII, things like, "how to set up a victory garden," and "community action for children in wartime."

this is a very very cool little resource. It's not something I could use right now, but I hate to lose it, and I'm sure there are other writers out there who would love to see it. But I don't know how to share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.