VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Z-WORD ALERT.
Z-WORD ALERT.
Z-WORD ALERT.
Z-WORD ALERT.
Z-WORD ALERT.

Gais, aim for the head - it is the only way to be sure.

Dammit, what'd I do to deserve THAT? Runs to find new hiding place.

-Z

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Zanz, you clearly cant be a z word if you can run. :)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gais, aim for the head - it is the only way to be sure.

Hey, now, I resent that.

I've got much better culinary tastes than that.

Brains tartare are off the menu. I would sautee them with a little garlic and some seasonings. Definitely not z-word behavior.

Unless maybe Emeril or Bourdain get turned into z-words.

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Well, yes, much more like that.

cook.gif

Only probably not people brains. Too many nasty things you can get from eating people brains. Cows are the way to go.

Definitely cows.

Last edited:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Before anyone complains that the film isn't SFF fare - it is a fantasy film. For a start, there is the frankly ludicrous assumption that Ray Liotta has a brain. This is easily disproved by a quick perusal of his credits on IMDB.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For a start, there is the frankly ludicrous assumption that Ray Liotta has a brain. This is easily disproved by a quick perusal of his credits on IMDB.

I liked both No Escape and Goodfellas. And he made a pretty convincing Sinatra.

Um, beyond that you got me. Though has he made any more questionable decisions than Sam Neil has? (Omen III, anyone?)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
My dad's watching hunting shows again. I can't hunt. Just can't get myself to kill something for sheer sport. And the way some these guys act, like they're Rambo for taking down a deer with a high powered rifle, is ludicrous. I'd like to see them hunt with an old-fashioned recurve bow, like the Native Americans, and see how hardcore they are then.

Sorry for the rant.

Does that make it winter solstice for you guys?
Yep. It's appropriate that we had the first significant snowfall of the year today. :)

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
They may have souls, but they don't have cerebrum, and thus can't actually feel pain, even if they had the nociceptors available to do so.

ETA: In reference to carrots, not solstices

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Oooooooh - I thought of a massively geeky dog name (yes, it DID take me this long)

Stick

Like the Ninja from Daredevil, and it ties into the canine part as dog is cane in Italian.

Am I overthinking this now... Hard to tell with so little sleep.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
My dad's watching hunting shows again. I can't hunt. Just can't get myself to kill something for sheer sport. And the way some these guys act, like they're Rambo for taking down a deer with a high powered rifle, is ludicrous. I'd like to see them hunt with an old-fashioned recurve bow, like the Native Americans, and see how hardcore they are then.

Sorry for the rant.

I don't hunt for "sport." I hunt because Bambi tastes delicious with bbq sauce! :D

ETA: just teasing. I respect your opinion.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to see them hunt with an old-fashioned recurve bow, like the Native Americans, and see how hardcore they are then.

You know there is a black powder hunting season here in PA, right? And the Native Americans certainly made use of guns once they were introduced.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
I think the point was more about the macho-ism and posturing that some people do when they act like they've done something amazing when using a high powered rifle that's pimped out to bring down a deer.

Thus the reference to using a bow, which would have taken a lot more work to bring a deer down, and thus much more something to crow about.

Then again, I could be totally misinterpreting all of what was said XD

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I got that it was about the macho posturing.

:)

But both my point and JC's points bore mentioning. Macho posturing aside, all of those guys will actually eat what they kill, so it's not just sport.

And yes, hunting with a bow is hard, which is why the Native Americans quit doing it once they had alternatives.

Moreover, there were certain aspects of the hunt in many Native American cultures that had more than a little bit of macho posturing to them as well.

Guys are guys, wherever - whenever - they are.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
You know there is a black powder hunting season here in PA, right? And the Native Americans certainly made use of guns once they were introduced.

And, on a related note, it always bugs me when people say, "oh, the Native Americans were so in tune with nature," or whatever. According to anthropologists, the Native Americans hunted at least two species to extinction before we terrible white folks even turned up on the scene.

I get the original point, and I agree to a certain degree. Just had to get that tangential point off my chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.