Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Go, Moni! Make us all look bad/unproductive ;)

Just checking in and marking my spot on the thread for tomorrow. I hate falling behind.

Hi Mel and Karla!

Moni

Literary vampire Mongering words
Registered
Reaction score
Go, Moni! Make us all look bad/unproductive ;)

Just checking in and marking my spot on the thread for tomorrow. I hate falling behind.

Hi Mel and Karla!

AWWWW! I wasn't TRYING to make you all look that way....I'm just sooooper excited about finally getting to the end of a project....not just partially through....this is a definite milestone for me....I've now updated the ticker again.....2,008 words til goal....I might even go over...which is ok because revisions will most certainly take quite a few of those words away!! LOL

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Ok.....I thought that I'd be cutting it close & not making it to the 50k goal....but it seems that I'll be going OVER that goal! I've got 892 words left according to my ticker....and I still have another scene or three to write! UGH!! LOL To have this problem huh??

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
50K is just a goal. It's a good minimum for YA, but totally okay to go over.

As for The Librarian, Judas Chalice was probably the best, and is the one with the girl from Castle, but I think it's best to start with the first one when Flynn was clueless.

I once heard that they were making a fourth Librarian movie, to be shown in theaters.

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
50K is just a goal. It's a good minimum for YA, but totally okay to go over.

As for The Librarian, Judas Chalice was probably the best, and is the one with the girl from Castle, but I think it's best to start with the first one when Flynn was clueless.

I once heard that they were making a fourth Librarian movie, to be shown in theaters.

Yeah...I was just trying to aim for that...initially I thought that I was going to fall WAYYYYY short...now I'm not so worried!

I think that I need to start over with the Librarians....I missed the first one....caught the end of the second one....and sorta watched the third one....I'd only gotten to see bits & pieces of the first on a long time ago....So it'll be nice to start over again!

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Ok...so the grand total so far is 15,305 & my hands are uber sore. That is definitely my own top personal best. Time to nap & rest these poor digits for the final climax tomorrow....tomorrow I will have this done! Night~!

BlackBriar

Bricoleur
Registered
Reaction score
Ok...so the grand total so far is 15,305 & my hands are uber sore. That is definitely my own top personal best. Time to nap & rest these poor digits for the final climax tomorrow....tomorrow I will have this done! Night~!

You put me to shame. :D I got lazy took a break today, but got around 3k down. Another 3k to go.

ChelseyBlair

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chelseyblair.com
I started over on this WIP again today. Got 4K in and I think I'm finally hitting stride. I had trouble with motivation last draft, but I think I've figured it out. I hope.

Start my fake-internship tomorrow so going to go to bed now! Night all!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Phew, query #5 has been written. I haven't posted it yet. I'm running it by specific people first.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
I might be a bit late here. Popping in to wish you a Happy Birthday, Karla!

I think my computer might be overheating. It's only been open for half an hour, the silly thing. :S

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, lvae! And you're not late. Still 10:30 pm here :D

neener

Cleaning is overrated
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janinesclayson.blogspot.com
Ugh, expensive gas. Boo.

Also: Happy birthday Karla!

Moni: Whoa. Crazy word counts. All of you put me to shame. I am super proud of myself if I get 2k done in a day. I need to learn to focus better.

Hope everyone has a great week ;)

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I usually never really look at how much gas costs but HOLY SHIT by be its at $3.50!!!

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the well wishes on the word counts folks! I think that my pinkies have finally calmed down. The swelling is down...OOOH! I need one of those programs where you talk to the computer and it types for you! Although I'm not sure I could do that....since my writing is in my head.....I never even catch myself mouthing the words....But I DO catch myself scowling or smiling depending on the scenes I'm writing. When I realize I'm doing it I laugh at myself. (Ok....never said I was the sanest creature on the face of this planet! Especially since I teared up during a sad moment...I'm in here blubbering and typing! LOL)

OK. Time for me to end this puppy so I can have myself a glass of wine with the cat! (HEE HEE! Like in Romancing the Stone! LOL)

I'll have this up for my breaks! By the way....I LOVE YOU GUYS! (No, I'm not drunk...just appreciative!)

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Go, Moni - you're nearly there! I'm cheering you on. :D

Thanx Nettie Netz! My elbow isn't cheering me on though...and neither is my right pinkie....that danged congenital thing is really hindering my life's work! ROFL~! But I'm very nearly there...so that means you'll be getting a message from me about taking you a look-see at what drivel I've written! Hee hee!

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Had one earlier. Now I'm in that zone where I'm really tired but awake.:tongue

Oooh! I had that the other day! I wasn't even in my Nyquil coma time....I went to bed....woke up over 7 hours later...and then was STILL tired! It was nuts! Have you been ill recently?

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Evening crew.

*yawn* so tired.

What time is it where you are?

Aww....as Netz would say...is it time for a kip?

Absolutely, lol! How many words have you done today, Moni? Your tickercounter hasn't updated yet since I last flew by this thread (been lurking in QLH, looking for pointers, lol!). And have you had any sleep in the last 24 hours, vampire buddy??! :e2teeth:

NoGuessing

Buzz
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh! I had that the other day! I wasn't even in my Nyquil coma time....I went to bed....woke up over 7 hours later...and then was STILL tired! It was nuts! Have you been ill recently?

Nah, just been staying up late and getting up at 8am lately.:tongue

What time is it where you are?

11:53pm

Status
Not open for further replies.