My screen rolls

Doc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Big problem with rolling screen. I am reading or working and suddenly I'm rolled to the bottom of the page and up again back and forth. AW program is one of the biggest offenders. How can I stabalize my screen?

Doc

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Is anything leaning on the Enter button at the bottom of the keyboard number pad when this happens?

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Any time you have prolems with video output, the first thing you should do is check that your video cable isn't lying close to the power cord for any length. the EM field is enough to screw up the video. Most often it causes ghosting and shuddering, though.

But if it's happening with specific sites, it might be because they're too much of a specific colour and your hardware is having trouble keeping sync'd. To test this, make your browser windowed (non-maximized) then keep making it smaller until the video locks. If it never locks, I'm out of ideas.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Assuming this is a PC, it seems like a keyboard / mouse issue.

If you happen to have one of those mouse with zillions of buttons, you may inadvertently hit one that toggles the page end/begin mode. One way around those is to bring up the setup menu for that particular mouse model and turn off whatever functionality is attached to those extra buttons.

You may experience something similar with a laptop with an integrated mouse pad. It happens with an external mouse and the user thinks the integrated mouse pad is deactivated. This is not the case. More so, some of the external mouse settings can be interfering with the integrated mouse pad and make it more sensitive - just moving your thumbs around during typing can trigger events.

If it all fails, try another keyboard / mouse. It might just be that one or both of those is broken.

-cb

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
Back and forth doesn't sound like keyboard, unless something is being insane with the cursor keys. Two pressed at once can do weird things. If it were stuck spacebar it would just go to the bottom, then beep angrily.

How about your mousewheel? if you press down on the mousewheel without realising it (or if it's sticking), that can make the screen hop up and down with every slight motion of the mouse. When this happens do you see a round cursor with up/down triangles on it? that's the mousewheel-held-down cursor. Click mousewheel again to release it.