Word Count Thread - NaNo 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
4,733 today. 46,453 total. I wonder if I can hit 50k tomorrow. I want to write more tonight, but I'm tired. I have a character that just went nuts on my MC. Can't wait to see what happens as a result.

Wentworth.Writes

Battling Procrastination daily.
Registered
Reaction score
God, you're all so productive and good at getting to your goals, I'm almost afraid to post my wordcount... Right now I have 16408 words, but please bear in mind that I kind of started NaNoWriMo on the 17th. (I had ca 3500 words from Nov 2, but then life appeared and I couldn't write... My grandmother got sick, my uncle died, my work had a crisis... all that fun stuff.) So I'm trying to catch up. I've been writing roughly 3k a day, but I type really slow, with about 20-30 words per minute... and it takes even longer when I have to think of what I'm writing. I need to train my fingers to move faster!

I'm determined to get as far as I can, and hopefully reach 50 K by the end of November.

Congrats to those of you who have already reached your goals, and good luck to all wo are still trying! :D

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
God, you're all so productive and good at getting to your goals, I'm almost afraid to post my wordcount... Right now I have 16408 words, but please bear in mind that I kind of started NaNoWriMo on the 17th. (I had ca 3500 words from Nov 2, but then life appeared and I couldn't write... My grandmother got sick, my uncle died, my work had a crisis... all that fun stuff.) So I'm trying to catch up. I've been writing roughly 3k a day, but I type really slow, with about 20-30 words per minute... and it takes even longer when I have to think of what I'm writing. I need to train my fingers to move faster!

I'm determined to get as far as I can, and hopefully reach 50 K by the end of November.

That's a lot to deal with for this month, yikes.

Keep going! :e2cheer:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I'm sorry for your loss, Wentworth. :(

I'm nearing 39,000, will pass 40k tomorrow. This next week is the real test for me. I've been scrambling to write 2k a day so I could have a buffer for this next week. I've got family visiting this weekend, then traveling Tuesday through Thursday for Thanksgiving. If I have time to write on those days, I should be done by Wednesday at the latest. If I don't... it may be a scramble. I'm too close to lose though. I can't! I won't give up!

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I am having such a hard time with this also! I had two ideas for nano and the second one keeps popping in to say "Hello, pay attention to meeee."

I'll hit 43K tonight.

Thoughts of other projects keep intruding, but I'm trying to stay strong!

Lena Hillbrand

Registered
Reaction score
I just passed the 50K mark yesterday and wrapped up. This is maybe the ugliest thing I've ever written. I was telling a writer I work with today that when I got to the end of this one, I wasn't like, "OMG, I love this book, it's genius and I must query RIGHT NOW!" which is sometimes how I feel. This time, I want to hide it in a drawer and pretend I never wrote it. I am NOT looking forward to editing...will be a butchery. Lots of words for words sake...nano newbie mistake, maybe.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Only squeezed out 1750 words, wrapping up at 39,250 total. I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll have more writing time this weekend, but that's what I thought last weekend... At least I'm closing in on the home stretch, though.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
I am years behind and have a dear friend visiting this weekend and had a dear friend visiting last weekend. So, today, it is now 11AM until 5PM I will sprint and sprint and sprint... wish me luck.

Starting now at 21'000 words.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
59,655 and I'm wrapping up one of the novellas I'm working on.

mfarraday

Time Traveler
Registered
Reaction score
45, 354

Currently at Bradley Int'l airport, plenty of time to write. But not in the mood.:(

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Another 1K so far. Broke 44K, aiming for 45K tonight. I'd like to be able to validate by the end of the weekend.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Squeezed into 12k, total, today. Ugh. I was on track until last week, and then I got sick, couldn't leave the house, started binge-watching Homeland (because that's what I do when I'm too sick to leave the house--find a new show; last time, it was Orphan Black), and when I was well enough to go back to work I had completely lost track of my story.

I'm trying to hammer out more in my notebook/Word doc when I can, but after breaking the streak it's pretty much over. It's just another WIP at this point, I'm afraid.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Coaxed another 1800 words out of the thing, so I'm up to 41050. With the wind picking up and my attention winding down, that seems a good enough place to leave off for the night.

Scribesage

Registered
Reaction score
45303! About 1500 done today and I'm not totally finished writing for the day, but I'm definitely getting tired so I don't know if I'll get much more tonight.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
1,095 today. I was NOT motivated at all to write today. There are so many inconsistencies bugging me. I'm trying to finish the book before I go back and change them.

But, my mind had this 'great' idea of writing spin-off novellas about each of the minor characters. /Facepalm

51,561 total.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I've written 2,050 words this morning, and I have now beat last year's word count by a 1k. :D

ohheyyrach77

Awesome.
Registered
Reaction score
So I'm both very excited, and a little frustrated.

I hit 70k today. I've been in the winners circle for awhile except I have no clue how to END my story. It was supposed to end with one of the two MC's dying, and I've already tried to kill him three times and the sucker just won't die.

So at this point, even though I've passed the 50k mark I feel like I'm not going to actually complete my novel by the end of the month because I haven't even a clue on where to go from where I'm at now.

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
I just passed 40k! Did just over 2k today, bringing it up to 40,733. I've been slow and steady, never doing less than 1667 but rarely going well over - I've only done 4 days with over 2k. Works for me!

But I'm still on Part I of my 3-part novel...

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
I'm only at 37,084, but I think I'm done for the day. My brain feels wrung out. If all goes to plan, I should be on track to finish right on time. Last year I wrote 15k on the 30th. Thankfully, I don't think that'll be necessary this go-round.

Status
Not open for further replies.