Writer's Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Forgive me if this question has been asked before, but I'm thinking about buying an annual subscription.

Has anyone found this to be a useful tool in terms of freelance leads and/or decent-paying jobs?

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I used to buy the Writer's Market book about every other year (back in the late '80's/early '90's). I had 5 or 6 articles published in magazines that I found in those books, but I didn't make any contacts that lead to further work.

It's probably worth a try for you; I'm sure others have opinions.

emmybun

Registered
Reaction score
I guess, if you are looking to write for print publications, yes. If you are looking for purely online work, no. It has a few magazines that I have never thought of or found on online databases. I really like the pricing guide they give for writing different things (they give low, medium, high averages for things like how much you should be paid for a blog post, radio ad, etc).

Maybe you should buy the book first instead of the subscription? Although I've heard that they update markets often for the subscription.

Carlene

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlenedater.com
I would check out the latest copy at the library before buying one. I used to buy the books every year and found them helpful but....by the time they are out, some of the information is out of date. I rely on the Internet now.

Carlene

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhhh,

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I wasn't clear - I was thinking about an "online" subscription.

I'll give your advice more consideration.

You guys rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.