Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
AphotShop.png

If Charlie is the mascot of this thread, I think Tidbit is the mini mascot.:)
^ Yes. :)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not liking the new PB upgrade either. :/ I tried to go back to the old one, but it won't let me. :e2bummed:

Have you tried selecting the option that reverts back to the older version? That's what I did, which instantly changed my account to its previous settings.

Looks like you really ruffled that osprey's feathers, SK. :D Man, if looks could kill...
I have to say that this is probably my favorite shot of an osprey (and there have been many great shots in this thread). I think the ruffled look makes it seem more careworn than usual, yet more fierce for it.

I like this image a lot too. He (she?) looks like a cuddly stuffed animal to me.

The bird was hungry and wet and miserable and might have been sizing me up while wondering if I taste like fish. He'd flown back empty-taloned from a long, fruitless search for food in which he may have dove twelve or more times before returning for a rest. That might explain his dire expression, and how he didn't seem to welcome my presence at the time.

(The osprey is a he, btw. Adult females sport a darker band of feathers, shaped similar to a necklace, along their upper breasts, while males have mostly white coloring in that area.)

Very cute, PD... :)
Yes, it is. And hilarious, too. :D

I ordered my new camera today! :e2woo:

It's about time! Feel free to flood this thread with nature shots as you practice with your new outfit. :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Have you tried selecting the option that reverts back to the older version? That's what I did, which instantly changed my account to its previous settings.

Yes, I tried that when I went in there and saw that they had changed it all. I flew straight to the change back to the older version, but it didn't do anything. Maybe it froze or something. :Shrug: I'll try again the next time I'm in there. :) It seems to me that changing something that already works never seems to be for the better. But I don't like change much. :D Takes me long enough to figure it all out the first time. :roll:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
It's about time! Feel free to flood this thread with nature shots as you practice with your new outfit. :)
I'll try to snap some shots whenever it finally comes, but with my current work schedule (overnights) the only nature I'm seeing is on TV. I'll have to start filling the bird feeders to attract my feathered friends.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
The weather is supposed to be in the 80s through December -- which means I will be seeing ALOT of Tidbit :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
It's suppose to warm up here, too! :hooray: high 60's. Though there's really nothing to see unless you guys want pictures of cows. :/

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dude. Cows can be very photogenic. And playful. I once watched a dairy cow bick like a rodeo bronc just for the joy of it.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Dude. Cows can be very photogenic. And playful. I once watched a dairy cow bick like a rodeo bronc just for the joy of it.

Oh my, Fenika... do you know how long I'd have to stand out in the fields staring at...cows to get a pic of one of them frolicking? :D There's not even any calves around this time of year.

When I was little I liked watching them because I thought that they were always happy since their tails were constantly wagging. I'd point out the car window and yell "Happy cows!"

Don't want to see pictures of cows after you're through with them. :(

:roll:

Well, yeah, that would be a mess and probably not very appropriate for the nature thread...it would be nature at its scariest.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I accidently stirred Tidbit up a bit. I was feeding him Harvester ants, and then he wanted to go eat other things, so no photo today, but he's out sunning his little self ;)

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Finally!

Finished that drawing I mentioned I was working on a while ago. Took me a long time to draw it. Of course, no matter how I try to capture it, either with the camera or with the scanner, it never looks as good as it does in real life. It always looks slightly blurred and the fine details can never be captured. Anyway, here it is, the ruined church of Zelemér, Hungary, the only thing that remains of the medieval town. I added the black vignette border when I edited the photo (slightly).

ZelemeacuterA11-29-12-1.jpg

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Beautiful drawing, Tepelus! :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my, Fenika... do you know how long I'd have to stand out in the fields staring at...cows to get a pic of one of them frolicking? :D There's not even any calves around this time of year.

When I was little I liked watching them because I thought that they were always happy since their tails were constantly wagging. I'd point out the car window and yell "Happy cows!"

:)

And they don't have to frolick to be photogenic!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Finished that drawing I mentioned I was working on a while ago. Took me a long time to draw it. Of course, no matter how I try to capture it, either with the camera or with the scanner, it never looks as good as it does in real life. It always looks slightly blurred and the fine details can never be captured. Anyway, here it is, the ruined church of Zelemér, Hungary, the only thing that remains of the medieval town. I added the black vignette border when I edited the photo (slightly).

ZelemeacuterA11-29-12-1.jpg
Beautiful drawing. :)

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Thanks, everyone. I think if I can get my boyfriend to do so, I want him to build me a light box so maybe I can get better photos of my drawings. I have a tripod somewhere in the house for a camera which will help too if the thing were sitting steady and not in my hands.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome drawing, Tepelus! I can see the hard work and time you must've put into it, and I can imagine how many details are in it that we're not seeing. But what I can see--is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. :)

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Here's the original photo.

Zelemeacuter.jpg

I took out all of the footprints in the snow because I didn't like them in the picture, and I changed just a couple of other tiny details because I didn't like them in the picture.

Also, sorry for the size of the picture, I tried to shrink it but Photobucket isn't cooperating.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Thanks, night-flyer. I did put all sorts of hours into this thing, cutting into my writing time. I was planning on finishing up the first draft of my novel by the end of this month, but, eh, that's not going to happen. lol!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, night-flyer. I did put all sorts of hours into this thing, cutting into my writing time. I was planning on finishing up the first draft of my novel by the end of this month, but, eh, that's not going to happen. lol!

I always feel more of a pull towards drawing/painting as winter closes in...not sure why. If you're like me, art is just as important as writing, sometimes one takes precedence over the other, but that doesn't make the other less important. There's a time for everything.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Here's the original photo...
Now I can't decide which one I like better, the photo or the drawing. They're both equally moving and stunning in the mediums presented.

...Also, sorry for the size of the picture, I tried to shrink it but Photobucket isn't cooperating.
That size is fine for this thread, and bigger still would be acceptable, so long as it fits inside the original post window without stretching it beyond its normal width.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Here's the original photo.

Zelemeacuter.jpg

I took out all of the footprints in the snow because I didn't like them in the picture, and I changed just a couple of other tiny details because I didn't like them in the picture.

Also, sorry for the size of the picture, I tried to shrink it but Photobucket isn't cooperating.
So not only are you a hell of an artist, you're a hell of a photographer too. I'm in awe.

Mind you, I'm in awe of most of the rest of you too. You peeps are loaded with talent. Don't mind me but I'm just gonna roll around in here for a bit. :D