Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Beautiful photos SK. What kind of bird is that in the second photo?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I believe it's a roseate spoonbill. Wonderful phots SK! It's amazing how you seem to catch them just right. Well, I can't really be amazed after all the photos I've seen of yours, and yet...I still am. :)

Pd, at first I thought you posted a squirrel that had been ran over. :roll: Man, that lil guy really flattened out, great shot, pd. :) And I love Cardinals. They are just beautiful.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Beautiful photos SK. What kind of bird is that in the second photo?

Oh, sorry. I should have identified them. Starting from the first photo, they are: white ibis, roseate spoonbill, mallard ducks (females), snowy egret, great blue heron and osprey (male).

ETA: Cross-posted with NF, who knows her birds, :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, sorry. I should have identified them. Starting from the first photo, they are: white ibis, roseate spoonbill, mallard ducks (females), snowy egret, great blue heron and osprey (male).

ETA: Cross-posted with NF, who knows her birds, :)

This is due all to you, my friend, and to this thread. :) But you got one wrong, I'm pretty sure I saw Cray's bike in there somewhere... it was just a bit out of control, kind of like Cray :D

Last edited:

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
If cray only knew what I have in store for him in the near future, he would be checking this thread every moment of every hour. ;)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: everyone! Beautiful photos while I was gone!

I thought of you all on vacation, got a couple of pictures of iguanas (HUGE!). I'll wrestle Photobucket later...

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I believe it's a roseate spoonbill. Wonderful phots SK! It's amazing how you seem to catch them just right. Well, I can't really be amazed after all the photos I've seen of yours, and yet...I still am. :)

Pd, at first I thought you posted a squirrel that had been ran over. :roll: Man, that lil guy really flattened out, great shot, pd. :) And I love Cardinals. They are just beautiful.

Hahah - yeah, squirrel was flat!

nice photos SK, beautiful work!

If cray only knew what I have in store for him in the near future, he would be checking this thread every moment of every hour. ;)

Should I tell him?

Nah. It'll be more fun for him to find them on his own. :evil

You're going to make Cray into a pinata and smack him aren't you -- this should be interesting...

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, wow. That is just exceptional, Tepelus. I can look at that black and white and see color. Amazing.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
No Tidbit sightings today or yesterday. He was out the day before, sunning in the morning, but not since. Hopefully he's just burrowed down to hybernate.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Amazing detail, Tepelus! A great piece of art, truly stunning. Makes my artwork look like stick figures. :O I couldn't have done half as good of a job given a month. Loved it. :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
No Tidbit sightings today or yesterday. He was out the day before, sunning in the morning, but not since. Hopefully he's just burrowed down to hybernate.

:Hug2: Maybe it's time for him to hunker down for the winter. I don't know about there, but it's getting pretty chilly here.