Jaspideous January - 500 words/day, all genres welcome!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, everyone! Good luck with the interview, Ken!

It's hard to tell from my absence, but I have been writing. I'm nearly 20k into a new WIP and am slowly making progress revising another. It's nice to have a second option to switch to if I'm not feeling the love for the main one.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ken, hope the interview went well.:Hug2:

I'm finally getting into a rhythm with my editing. I'm copying 3 chapters at a time, and working on them, slashing as much as possible, while, hopefully, still making sense.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
1685 today.

Starting to get easier. I'll need to stop and plot the rest of it out soon, but the beginning is taking shape. We have a crime, but not the main one, and a few suspects, and a reason for my protag to get involved. I've missed this!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing today. Hairdressers then shopping in town then work for me, but my plumber has been rescheduled so I now have tomorrow free. Hoping for some words.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Thanks, the interview went well and I was told that I would definitely be receiving a call back for interview #3. They still have a few candidates to go through. Still, I think I impressed them, so fingers crossed.

Not so much on the WIP front, only managed a measly 80 new words, which I'll take as it's the start of the next chapter. Words is words.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Go, Ken! :e2cheer: And good writing to everyone.

Outlined another eight chapters. Almost at the end of Part 2. Lots of little threads that need spinning, but it's still relatively coherent, at least in my head. :)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Excellent words, BfloGal and Saoirse! :hooray:

I've outlined through Chapter 40 now. I've found the part where it all falls apart. The thing is, I have the elements of the plot in there. Several plots, actually. I just have to pick one, and figure out how to thread it back into the earlier, less stupid chaotic bits.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Good luck with picking the right one, Liz.

Nothing yesterday as I was zonked from work and grocery shopping. Went to bed super-early and got up a bit earlier than usual, and I still feel funky. But I'm gonna write today. For realsies.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, the interview went well and I was told that I would definitely be receiving a call back for interview #3. They still have a few candidates to go through. Still, I think I impressed them, so fingers crossed.

Crossing fingers, eyes, legs...

4 chapters edited, one consigned to trash. (Gotta love back-up copies, they instil such confidence. :D)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
FABULOUS word count, Saoirse! I hope you're feeling better.

Muse, excellent editing. Sometimes getting rid of a chapter is the best part.

Eight more chapters outlined tonight. Only eight more to go. It's funny; bits of it I absolutely hated writing don't read that badly. I am encouraged.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Crossing fingers, eyes, legs...

With all that crossed, you're going to have trouble writing. (And maybe a few other things you need to do, like walking.) :tongue

Awesome editing, muse. :D

Excellent wordage, Saoirse. :snoopy:

:hooray: lizmonster!

After a big fat 0 yesterday, I finally got into the killers head and knocked out 562 new words. Not a lot but I'll take it, and it wraps the chapter. :D

ETA: Added another 197 to the chapter I thought was done. Go figure. The killer had more to say. So that brings my total today up to 759! :D Not as awesome as Saoirse, but I'll take it. ;)

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Go, Ken! :e2cheer: I hope you can get away from your killer for a few hundred words now. :)

I've outlined the whole thing. Hm. There's some stuff I can use here, I think. Next step will be to organize events and figure out sequencing. I think I'll do that by writing a synopsis. By the end of the month? We'll see.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No words yesterday, minus or otherwise. Today I will edit 3 chapters. I will!

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
No words yesterday, minus or otherwise. Today I will edit 3 chapters. I will!

:whip:

Heck, I can't say anything, I haven't opened my WIP at all today. I guess I need someone to crack a whip over me too.

ETA: Well, I did open the WIP, so there's that. Sadly I only managed to add a whopping 99 new words, and again it was in the chapter I thought I had finished. Can't seem to get back into Cal's head. *sigh*

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Nice word count, BfloGal! (And you know Ken. He'll whip anything. :))

99 > 0, Ken, so well done. Hopefully Cal will start talking to you soon.

Hope the editing went well, muse.

I have written down some of the backstory that I need to make this thing coherent. I will start the synopsis proper tomorrow. I figure I'll stumble on the bits that need filling in as I do that.

In the meantime, I have to freak out about this storm-that-I-can't-do-anything-about. Sigh.

Isilya

Rogues, thieves, and knaves abound
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi
Its been a while since I've popped in here. I need to get back to writing consistently.

Today I wrote 219 words.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Nice word count, BfloGal! (And you know Ken. He'll whip anything. :))

:whip: :evil

99 > 0, Ken, so well done. Hopefully Cal will start talking to you soon.
Thanks, he is starting to talk. Well, it's really more of a mumble. I think he went out last night and hit the Jack Daniels a little too hard. :tongue

I have written down some of the backstory that I need to make this thing coherent. I will start the synopsis proper tomorrow. I figure I'll stumble on the bits that need filling in as I do that.

In the meantime, I have to freak out about this storm-that-I-can't-do-anything-about. Sigh.
I start with my backstory before I really get into the book, and usually add as I go.

Stay safe and warm up there. I was watching on the Weather Channel and it looks like a killer storm. Hope you have plenty of supplies and necessities.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Better progress with this morning's writing session. I think I'm starting to find my way with this WIP. 1,000 words achieved.

The new WIP now consists of just over 5,000 words.

Think I will focus on that, instead of the 65,000 words to go!!