I'm at the library for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes, so...

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
I'm looking for a book that may make me so inspired I get out of my rut! So maybe something that is similar?

My WIP is a high fantasy novel starring a seventeen-year-old girl, initially arrested for the murder of a highborn noble closely related to the royal family. After her trial, she is pulled away and becomes a "mercenary" who deals with demons, for the nobleman was actually possessed with ill intent.

The novel features an aggressive, yet loving relationship between her and the Guildmaster's son, a sword seeking quest, and minor swearing.

The main character is fiesty and prefers not to be treated ladylike.

So if anyone has ideas, please do share!

Last edited:

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Ask the librarian for a really bad fantasy book. Something totally awful. If the fact that got published doesn't inspire you, nothing will!

:D

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Snow Like Ashes sounds like it would fit the bill.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Ask the librarian for a really bad fantasy book. Something totally awful. If the fact that got published doesn't inspire you, nothing will!

Haha. Yeah, that works for me sometimes.

Chiquitta

Registered
Reaction score
Story

I like the storyline. I am looking forward to reading it when it is completed. So I hope that you can finish this story as you already have one interested reader, that is me!

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds good. If you're looking for something similar, you should check out Throne of Glass. Some similarities and differences here and there, like an assassin who had committed a crime and was in the salt mines but was saved by the son of a king to participate in a challenge to be the king's champion. Muted love triangle but a solid female friendship as well. I think you might enjoy it.