Elder Scrolls Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyra Wright

Skulduggery and haberdashery
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a big Skyrim player (I'M SORRRRYYYY GAMING WORLD)

BLASPHEMY!

but what I heard a lot of people praise about it was that you made the story. Sure, there was the central plot, but you could pretty much play however you wanted and the story would wrap around you. You could play for days and not take on a single dragon if you wanted to.

Yep. I have a paltry 175 hours on one Skyrim playthrough, and have barely touched the main storyline.

As for ESO, I participated in one beta weekend, and it just didn't hook me. I love Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, but I think I'll give ESO a pass unless it goes free to play.

s.cummings

exploring life - one word at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
medium.com
I'm waiting for this on XB one, but I don't know if I will play. I don't want to pay to subs (game and gold) guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
My husband's playing ESO right now. He seems to like it, but we haven't played any MMOs since we stopped WoW a couple of years back. He was surprised so many folks are upset about a subscription fee, but then, that's how WoW always was. I don't dare let myself get sucked into an MMO again, because I lack the self discipline to be hooked on a game and try to keep up with my writing. I've never mastered the art of having more than one obsession at a time :tongue

s.cummings

exploring life - one word at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
medium.com
My husband's playing ESO right now. He seems to like it, but we haven't played any MMOs since we stopped WoW a couple of years back. He was surprised so many folks are upset about a subscription fee, but then, that's how WoW always was. I don't dare let myself get sucked into an MMO again, because I lack the self discipline to be hooked on a game and try to keep up with my writing. I've never mastered the art of having more than one obsession at a time :tongue

It's not that I'm upset about a subscription, I am a firm believer in sub-based games because I find games such as LotRo are unbalanced because of the pay-to-win model.

Just with ESO it's disappointing because my wife won't let me pay a live membership and a sub haha

ArtisticRabbit

is actually a seal. :I
Registered
Reaction score
Angry Joe's review. Not safe for work. Especially if you work at Zenimax. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3B26h12C4&list=UUsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ

--Edit: The stuff on pricing at the beginning is particularly enraging.

That just made my heart hurt. :cry:

Would be such a great game if not for all the little things that make it not worth it. Which is unfortunate because the PvP looks so interesting and I never play PvP.

Sorry, ESO, I love Tamriel and was so pumped to play it online but you have to give me much more than that to make it worth the money I'll be spending.

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard ESO is suffering from a rather nasty case of bug problems. Maybe that's been mollified to some degree sense its release though.

Status
Not open for further replies.