The Walking Dead - AMC

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
No. Nobody's brought up the subject heretofore. Do you think he did? Andrew Lincoln's expression was enigmatic. So often on this show, characters have enigmatic expressions when it'd be a lot more useful for them to open their mouths and say something.

That's funny, I thought we had talked about it. We must've just had that chat here at my house.

I thought Rick recognized her, but Glenn's telegraphing look that Maggie didn't realize who she was and Maggie saying that they wouldn't have made it without her ("her" being Tara) Rick let it go with something to the effect that it was good enough for him.

Either Rick acknowledges that she switched sides (Rick's taken in the Governor's people before) or has bumped it down on his to-do list.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to say that of all the people there, Tara was the one who had obvious reservations about it the whole time. I think she feels horribly guilty, but I imagine most people would have a pretty easy time forgiving her for getting in over her head there. Especially after she helped Glenn.

Btw, I loved that Glenn wasn't going to leave her behind in that tunnel. That's part of why I love the guy.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She was the one he talked to at the prison that he could see wasn't happy with what was happening.

That's right. Rick was looking at Tara during the confrontation at the prison with the Governor and he said something like, "You with the ponytail"--I forget the rest of what he said.

But he should definitely recognize Tara.

No more Walking Dead for a long time! Oh no. I don't know what I'll do tonight instead.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
That's right. Rick was looking at Tara during the confrontation at the prison with the Governor and he said something like, "You with the ponytail"--I forget the rest of what he said.

But he should definitely recognize Tara.

No more Walking Dead for a long time! Oh no. I don't know what I'll do tonight instead.

RG, did you see the clip one post up? Andrew Lincoln talks about that and calls her "ponytail".

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
RG, did you see the clip one post up? Andrew Lincoln talks about that and calls her "ponytail".

Yes, I watched it (since I do LOVE Andrew Lincoln)!

I heard that part and I also thought it was interesting when he said he came up with his southern accent by watching No Country for Old Men.

defyalllogic

i'm a girl. (i have tendonitis)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was great (and lined up with the video game) when Rick slapped the plate of "meat" out of Carl's hand then asked about where they got all the stuff.

I was surprised they didn't see the snipers when the scouted.

Glenn giving Tara another chance AND refusing to leave her AND then introducing her to the others as a friend who had to help when she heard his story was even better than him finding Maggie.

No one searched them when they go on the train car so i hope someone was smart enough to keep a knife.

I HATED the last line. So extra.

I hope Carol and Tyreese notice something is off be don't flip like the other and just quietly observe until they can safely react.

I also think Rick recognized her but a) realized they have bigger issues and b) i *think* he looked at Glen and decided it wasn't worth bringing up (at least not now.)

They totally should have split up considering they were suspicious enough to go in the back.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think the snipers were there when they scouted. I think someone tipped off and they set up a perimeter after Rick's gang made it inside.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan, but the wait between seasons is too long :(

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'm a huge fan, but the wait between seasons is too long :(

You know, I feel that way sometimes, but then Game of Thrones comes back around and makes me thankful for shows that don't take a whole year off. :p

Only another month to go, right?

iO1SNVT.gif

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I feel that way sometimes, but then Game of Thrones comes back around and makes me thankful for shows that don't take a whole year off. :p

Only another month to go, right?

iO1SNVT.gif

I'm counting down the days. :)

krypticjotter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
krypticjotter.net
A serious late-comer to this show. I just watched the first 3 seasons on Netflix a couple of weeks ago. Now to find a way to watch Season 4 before the new season starts.
It was so hard for me to get through the first season, but after the first couple of episodes in on the 2nd season I was hooked. I spent one whole day watching this show back to back LOL
And Darrell has been my favorite character from the very beginning, so I'm going to be seriously bummed if something happens to him.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
A serious late-comer to this show. I just watched the first 3 seasons on Netflix a couple of weeks ago. Now to find a way to watch Season 4 before the new season starts.
It was so hard for me to get through the first season, but after the first couple of episodes in on the 2nd season I was hooked. I spent one whole day watching this show back to back LOL
And Darrell has been my favorite character from the very beginning, so I'm going to be seriously bummed if something happens to him.

I started watching... 2? seasons ago, I think. I've been considering going back and watching the rest before the next season starts. I have a good handle on who every one is now, but I sort of want to see where they came from, too.

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
It's so annoying that the season 4 DVD isn't released (here) until the end of September. I need to rewatch it all before season 5 starts.

*edit* I post so rarely I forgot Daryl was my avatar. How apt.

Last edited:

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
My teenage son just started watching S4 on Netflix (it's on Netflix now!) and I've joined him for a few episodes. This gets me excited for S5 all over again, like I was when S4 ended and October seemed so darn far away.

I'm too hooked on this show to wait until S5 is over and I can binge-watch it on the 'flix. I'm stoked for October 12, even though I'll be watching and waiting week to week, the old fashioned way. Sigh.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
So I caught some of S1 in syndication last night. It's where Rick and Glen are trying to get the folks out of the building and Glen is racing around in that sports car with the alarm blaring...

Anyway, I noticed that the zombies were much more aware. They also ran and did conscious things, like climb over fences. They seemed much more sentient than the zombies of the last season.

Is that a stylistic change that's just evolved over the seasons?

Witch_turtle

hanging around for a spell
Registered
Reaction score
So I caught some of S1 in syndication last night. It's where Rick and Glen are trying to get the folks out of the building and Glen is racing around in that sports car with the alarm blaring...

Anyway, I noticed that the zombies were much more aware. They also ran and did conscious things, like climb over fences. They seemed much more sentient than the zombies of the last season.

I think so. I remember my boyfriend telling me something about different directors who've worked on the show, and how one of them wanted the zombies to be able to do things like that to hint that they do retain some of their former intelligence/humanity/whatever (just like the governor was trying to prove), and the next guy wanted them to just be mindless...well, zombies.

I don't have a source or anything, just second-hand info, but maybe someone with more specific knowledge will come along :)

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
one could argue that different zombies have different levels of intelligence based on head damage, how long they've been dead, how long they were brain dead before reanimation and such and that affects their ability to climb a fence or use a door knob. Like someone who was killed by a single bite, and came back within the hour is going to be able to do more than someone who was shot in the chest and was dead right away and took overnight to come back to life.

On the other hand, it could also be said the walkers are able to do or not do whatever the writers find they need them to do at the time.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I think I read somewhere that the zombies are changing -- at least physically -- due to the amount of time they've been dead. The bulk of them have been around for roughly 2 years at this point: that's a long time for the body to rot. Could be the "mental" ability of the zombies also rots.

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
TWD is alright. I enjoy it, and I'm definitely watching season 5, but it's not one of the greatest shows on TV IMO. Every season there seems to be a brilliant episode, but then the rest are either average or just plain bad to me. Some of the dialogue, some of the choices the characters make, and how some of the events/scenes unfold annoy me at times (like the scene where Andrea kept staring at that one bitten guy ((I can't recall his name. He was The Governor's scientist buddy friend––whatever he was––with the rotary glasses)) while she was strapped to that chair, and because she kept spending more time staring at him, and not trying to get out of that damn chair, she got bit.) Ultimately didn't care, since I didn't like her character, but still I find it annoying. I also thought The Governor's arch was far too short when he had to "rebuild" his life after the fallout at...whatever that place was called. Happy Town. Smiley Town. IDK.

The zombies look great though.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, I'm a bit behind on WD, but hubs and I just watched season 4 episode 8 and OMG!!! I am so sad Hershel is dead. I mean, SO. SAD. I really came to love his characters. At first I didn't really care for him but he grew on me and then with the whole sickness thing that swept through the cell block D (?) and the way he sacrificed his own safety to help others, omg, he didn't deserve to die like that. I was sitting there with mouth hanging open the same way I did when watching the red wedding scene in GoT. :( :( :(

Haunted_October

Ready to kick the WIP's butt!
Registered
Reaction score
Wicked excited the wait for season five is almost over!

That said, I was not the biggest fan of the second half of season four. Many episodes dragged. Not that there weren't great eps/great performances, because there was. but I wasn't as connected as I was in the first half of the season. But I'm looking forward to season five--I've seen a lot of good things about the first episode!

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
Agh. The excitement. I feels it. October is the only month when I wish I had cable.

I think I read somewhere that the zombies are changing -- at least physically -- due to the amount of time they've been dead. The bulk of them have been around for roughly 2 years at this point: that's a long time for the body to rot. Could be the "mental" ability of the zombies also rots.

One of the characters--I think it may have been Hershel or Daryl--observed that they are getting slower and dumber, so it seems to be something they're incorporating into the show, regardless of the origins. I rather like it. :D

Is anyone else really curious about the fates of the other continents and how things are going over there? It would be interesting if if were only the Americas affected.