Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-fae

Registered
Reaction score
I'm excited for DA:I. The return of races was a great idea -- I think I'm going to play a female Qunari my first time around.

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
In keeping with my policy for EA Games, I look forward to the reviews. I admit, this looks very cool, but so did Mass Effect 3. We shall see what this goose is like once it's fully cooked.

d-fae

Registered
Reaction score
In keeping with my policy for EA Games, I look forward to the reviews. I admit, this looks very cool, but so did Mass Effect 3. We shall see what this goose is like once it's fully cooked.

That's true. ME3 wasn't what I anticipated for the finale, although I liked the Citadel DLC a lot. Still, it was probably the most emotional game I've ever played because of the attachment I had to the characters.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I tried getting into Dragon Age several times, but simply couldn't, because of that high, distant camera view.

Inquisition's third-person camera, based on the gameplay presentation, is a lot lower and closer to the player character. It looks like it's dynamic based on enemies, zooming out for larger threats.

EA has been a little better recently. *shrug*

Switch to first-person?

I'm one of those "rare few" people who don't rage at EA for being the Evil Empire that "forces" developers to make games in ways that they don't approve of. *strokes her Dead Space 3 frankenguns*

And Dragon Age doesn't have first-person. (Unless they were referring to the tactical view in Origins for PC.)

Last edited:

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Wait. Wait. Is that a release date? :eek:

*resists the urge to preorder and buy a new system to play it*

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my gawd, that cover art!!!

*pants*

*wags tail*

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
Squeak!!!

I've been replaying Origins in anticipation. And potential release date just before my birthday...

*crosses fingers, toes and everything it won't move far*

ArtisticRabbit

is actually a seal. :I
Registered
Reaction score
kitty-golem.jpg

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
*breathes in a bag*

When I saw the early character renderings I thought it looked like ass. I was disappointed and wasn't sure if I'd keep going with DA. Especially after what they did to the Elves faces in DA2.

Varric, you have my heart, baby. You have my heart. As long as they don't make Alistair look completely inbred and deformed with pig eyes, I'll be satisfied.

Last edited:

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
Varris, you have my heart, baby. You have my heart. As long as they don't make Alistair look completely inbred and deformed with pig eyes, I'll be satisfied.

Is Alistair in it?

I heard the voice actor was, but last I knew the character he would be was unconfirmed. I'm a sucker for Alistair and his goofy sense of humour, so I'd be pretty darn happy if he showed up.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Varris, you have my heart, baby. You have my heart. As long as they don't make Alistair look completely inbred and deformed with pig eyes, I'll be satisfied.

Do you mean Varric? The dwarf, not the spider. :D

I just cannot with Alistair. The perpetual pout, the constant whining, the need to have him be "hardened"...gah! Put yer big boy pants on, Alistair!

What I really wanted was a romance with Aveline.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
When I started DA:O, I was all set to home in on Leliana like a...lesbian who usually goes for the lesbian romances in games first*...until I came across Alistair being the lovable doofus that he is. And that was when I knew I had to go for him.

and then he did "the sanest thing" ;_;

* this was going to be a "_____-seeking missile" line, but everything that came to mind sounded really wrong X3

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Do you mean Varric? The dwarf, not the spider. :D

I just cannot with Alistair. The perpetual pout, the constant whining, the need to have him be "hardened"...gah! Put yer big boy pants on, Alistair!

What I really wanted was a romance with Aveline.

*shifty eyes* What misspelling is that? How did that get in there?

That's what I get for posting on the run.

....and that's my story, I'm sticking to it.

Teinz

Back at it again.
Registered
Reaction score
I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!!!

And yet I dread the day of it's release. I've come to suspect the plot of DA:I is, in it's essence, a lot like that of the story I'm writing at the moment.

Oohh, the suspense is nearly killing me...

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
until I came across Alistair being the lovable doofus that he is. And that was when I knew I had to go for him.
I know what you mean. I made my character intending to be this totally-in-it-for-myself rogue assassin, making the easy, expedient choices at every turn. Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb!

It wasn't long before Alastair's puppy dog eyes and innocent comments had me going all goody-two-shoes just so he wouldn't feel bad. I just couldn't let him down.

And that was before I even realized there WERE romance options.

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
I liked Alistar, but I also liked Morrigan. I want my child that I had with her, all out of a selfish and perverse desire to save my skin, to make his/her debut in Inquisition. I got to see that subplot unfold. I also want a release date, and hopefully will get one at E3.

But regarding the game overall, I really hope Bioware has learned their lesson from DA2. I want to preorder it whenever that option is available, but the direction their last two games have gone, tells me to wait until the reviews are released. I'm not making the same mistake twice––at least not with Bioware. That said, if they have a kick–ass collector's edition, I might just have to take the plunge.

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
I hope DAI good. I liked Origins but couldn't get into DAII at all. I thought it was just me, but it sounds like everyone agrees it was a lackluster effort.

Two was okay.

I liked some of the gameplay changes.

But yeah, I found the characters and story of Origins much more compelling.

Fingers crossed for Inquistion!

Status
Not open for further replies.