Arrow

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
That was Kelly Hu as the white-haired assassin.

Laurel's dad? He has a good reason for a chip on his shoulder. He's just a protective dad, and someone who goes by the book. Cops don't support vigilantes.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Though I'm not really liking the detective guy. He's coming across as a douche with control issues.

I'd love to see how he's justifying this to his superiors. Like, getting cops killed and basically running amok.

I'm waiting to see how the bodyguard turns. He's a smart cookie who might dig out Ollie's secrets on his own.

:)

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I like the bodyguard quite a bit. Green Arrow does eventually have a few allies, so...
I agree, he's pretty cool. I'm betting that he figures it out and joins Green Arrow as a partner.

As a side note, and some of you have probably known this already, but Laural has the same name as Black Canary, another DC hero. I wonder if she'll somehow get her power in the show become one of Green Arrow's partners.

@ Sheryl, I'd like to see that conversation too. I'm sure he's really going to get chewed out.

AlexPiper

Wayward Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
Seattle, WA -- land of rain, home of the spice caf
Website
www.fabulaurbanus.com
As a side note, and some of you have probably known this already, but Laural has the same name as Black Canary, another DC hero. I wonder if she'll somehow get her power in the show become one of Green Arrow's partners.
Black Canary is also Green Arrow's canonical love interest/wife (they eventually got married), so it's not too surprising that Ollie's estranged former girlfriend on the show is named Dinah Laurel Lance...

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I like the bodyguard quite a bit. Green Arrow does eventually have a few allies, so...
^ This.

He's already showing suspicion. I think he'd make a pretty bad-ass partner.

Ashwood

supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious
Registered
Reaction score
I actually thoroughly enjoy this show, more than I thought I would. Plus Stephen Amell shirtless is a plus to any episode. *Meow*

And I love the gamut of DC characters that float in and out of the show. :D

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Took a while, but the show has grown on me. A little bugged that Star City has become Starling City; I know they want to create an identity distinct from the comics, but that seems like a silly change. (Also have to wonder where they're going with Slade Wilson.)

Action scenes are still good, and either the dialogue has improved, or I've gotten used to it.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I do really like that they added Slade (better known as Deathstroke) to the show. I really want to see where they go with him, as well as if Huntress is going to make a return.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know the mythology, but it's pretty cool in the television series. I love that they brought the techie-nerd girl in. No way she's going to just hang with them for one more job. :)

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I think the nerd girl has basically become Arrow's version of Oracle. Anyways, I liked the newest episode; Dodger was a decent villain of the week (though the Vertigo dealer is still the best villain so far), and seeing the return of that Triad girl was nice.

Though there was one part that had me facepalming. Felicity, you know how dangerous Dodger is but you still decide to confront him yourself? Really?

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com
Shadow Dragon: I was thinking along the same lines re: Oracle. In fact, the way this show is moving independently of the mythos, I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to become Oracle. It would be a good way to hook the character up with Huntress, who we've already seen in an earlier episode.

Loving the references to the comic/mythos that get thrown in each week, such as Roy Harper (aka Speedy and Arsenal, though it's his mother with the drug problem this time), naming a villain Grell for the writer/artist Mike Grell, etc. Looking forward to seeing developments on the Island with Shado via flashback.

Certainly a fun show.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Some nice foreshadowing early in last night's episode, with the photo of young Sarah and a particular kind of bird. Didn't think it would pay off so soon, but the last scene in the episode indicates I was right.

(Okay, it didn't require Comic Book Guy to figure that one out.)

Nice to know, in the semi-comic book world of this show, you don't have to worry about things like blood type when doing transfusions. (Now, along with that terrible "Torchwood: Miracle Day" miniseries, this is twice I've seen John Barrowman getting a medically ridiculous improvised treatment for poisoning. Both times, I was thinking, "Damn, that is a handsome man." Well, he is.)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I'm waiting on the DVD so I can watch the series through in one sitting. Hearing a lot of people being impressed with it (more or less) is making the apprehension of another idiotic Smallville mess recede somewhat.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Solid episode last night (again). Telling Tommy opens up a big ole bag of trouble, though, imho.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
I'm waiting on the DVD so I can watch the series through in one sitting. Hearing a lot of people being impressed with it (more or less) is making the apprehension of another idiotic Smallville mess recede somewhat.

I don't think Arrow will go downhill for a while because CW shows have a habit of tanking the storyline around third seasons.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
This episode was written by Geoff Johns. EW actually reviewed it with an A-.

(BigWords, Smallville became what it should've been once the original showrunners and Lana Lang left. That let Lois become real Lois and everything else started clicking into place. But I still enjoyed the show. Season 4 was the only one I kinda checked out of for a while.)

CW hasn't released the next episode summary, yet.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Tonight:

"Salvation"
OLIVER MUST SAVE ROY HARPER FROM A MURDERER — An angry resident of The Glades who calls himself “The Savior” (guest star Christopher Redman) embarks on a kidnapping and killing spree to punish those he believes have wronged the residents of his neighborhood. To make things worse, he broadcasts these murders online and claims he was inspired by Arrow’s vigilantism. Oliver is horrified by this statement and vows to stop “The Savior,” but his manhunt is intensified after Thea comes to him in tears and tells him Roy (guest star Colton Haynes) has been kidnapped. Laurel is surprised when her father starts to believe her mother’s (guest star Alex Kingston) claim that Sara is still alive. Meanwhile, Malcom tells Moira to find the person responsible for his attempted murder. David Ramsey and Colin Donnell also star. Nick Copus directed the episode written by Drew Z. Greenberg & Wendy Mericle.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I read an article in EW about Arrow just yesterday. Apparently, they listen to the fanbase and have made a few changes because of that. For example, Felicity was just supposed to be a super minor guest-starring role and they beefed her up and added her to the team because fans dug her.

Last edited: