Orphan Black

Violeta

All I Ever Wanted Was The World
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't like it either.

Enjoyed Ringer quite a bit back when it aired, but then again, I liked
all the actors. The plot and twists and turns were kind of awesome too, so... yeah.

Orphan Black didn't grab me. I don't even know why. I guess it's not my cup of tea.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I really liked it. I just felt like the characters were interesting and the mystery at the end was interesting. Episode 2 should really give me a good idea, imho. Most pilots are lukewarm at best.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone out there still watching? The show continues to improve and become more intriguing, imho. Awesome episode last night.

So far, I think there are two "Camps:"

A - corporate camp (Paul - Beth's BF/Monitor)
B - creepy Thomas and the blonde "Angel"

I dunno. Maybe. I'm also convinced that Mrs. S is somehow involved.

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying it! I like that we're starting to see more of the other clones on their own, instead of just through Sarah's point of view.

I agree that there appear to be two camps: the people running the experiment, and the people who are killing off the clones.

I wonder if Mrs. S could be Sarah's monitor.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Would be awful if Sarah's monitor turned out to be Felix ...

I'm liking the show. It's different from the usual fare. Although I think the clones might be a little more upset, more angst-ridden about being clones instead of "real" people.

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe. I'm also convinced that Mrs. S is somehow involved.
I'm with you on this. I don't trust her, not one bit. Maybe it's a carry over from Downton Abbey, but she seems shifty.:evil

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score

I'm liking the show. It's different from the usual fare. Although I think the clones might be a little more upset, more angst-ridden about being clones instead of "real" people.

OMG! This would break my heart!

Steve Coate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coaterack.blogspot.com

This is what I've been thinking. He's been with her since she was a wee lass, so would have been able to monitor her growth from the beginning.

Of course, if Beth was the only one with a monitor, due to her mental health, that would likely put the kibosh on the idea.

Waiting to see...

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
I've been watching and I have been captivated, by the most part. It reminds me of the Ken Follett novel The Third Twin, except with more emphasis on the cloning aspect and less emphasis on the fact that one of the clones is an assassin/murderer.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
The last one was a bit thin on plot, but still enjoyable. Allison with her glue gun is pretty LOL.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm really liking this show. And am impressed with the main character - the actor I mean, Tatiana Maslany, she's really making each clone a different person.

Next week is the finale for the season - wonder how long the break will be before season 2 starts?

Pearl

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome finale! And it sucks that we'll have to wait 10 months until Season 2 starts.

But what a nail biting show! I feel it outdoes Game of Thrones in terms of suspense, twists and drama. And I love Game of Thrones. But Orphan Black is more real because it is our world, and also what could possibly be our world now or later. Who knows, maybe there are already clones running around as a result of an underground experiment.

I want to somehow beg/demand the Emmys and the Golden Globes to give Tatiana Maslany at least a nomination. She's great at playing 4 characters in one show! (You could say 5 for when she was Sarah impersonating Beth)

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that rocked! I really like the breakneck pacing of this show. No screwing around, just BOOM!

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I discovered this show only recently and consumed eight episodes in two sittings (thank you, On Demand!). The finale was awesome. Tatiana Maslany deserves every award out there for her nuanced portrayal of so many different characters.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Helena is creeeepy. Now we'll never know <spoiler>what their birth mom has on Mrs. S. Or at least - not this year. <end of spoiler>

I can't believe we have to wait a whole year for the next season? Spring 2014? Too far away.

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
I agree that Tatiana Maslany deserves a lot of props for her acting on the show. Both the acting and the production values have impressed me a lot. I've never felt like I was watching the same actor, and in scenes where the clones are together, I've never felt like the camera or special effects trickery is too obvious.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
There were takes with the German where I felt that wig was the weakest of the four (Cosima, Helena and Alison's bangs). But at least, the hair and makeup people identified that and gave it to the character with the shortest shelf life.