Orphan Black

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I just started watching this show, burning through it in two days, and I *adored* it. Not long now until Season 2. (Thank god!)

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
Yeah, I was late to the show, too (came in after reading io9's glowing remarks about it a while ago), and I'm glad I don't have to wait for 8 months, just two or so. Even the weaker episodes were worth it just for watching Tatiana Maslani do her thing(s).

AmandaYoung

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amandayoung.org
I loved the first season and can't wait until season two starts. I may have to go back and rewatch the first season as a refresher though because it's been so long.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I binged this over the weekend.

I think one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much is because, so far, the story has been fairly small. Don't get me wrong--there are plenty of characters, twists and plots to amass--but generally speaking these characters are all real people. No explosions or super powers, nobody really kicking ass. Even Helena wasn't unbeatable. Just an exploration of relationships and a little mystery. I do worry a bit now that they have opened up the story with Dr. Leeky and the lab/organization may start to get away from them, but I'm along for the ride so far.

I am soo waiting for Art to put together all the pieces. I'm hoping Sarah turns to him to help her find Kira.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Season 2 premiere was this past Saturday. I really enjoyed it. Lots of things happening, even though I felt like Sarah was spinning her wheels for the first half of it.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
It was a solid episode. Not quite what I would have expected as big season opener, but seems like they're laying groundwork to make Prolethians vs. Neolutionists a point for this season.

The "surprise" was spoiled for me, but a good one nonetheless.

I do wonder what at this point is keeping the clones from going public. The Neolutionists/Dyads aren't quite as evil-overlord as they initially seemed.

Last edited:

Pearl

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome start, and awesome twist!

I love it when more than one clone is in the same scene, especially Sarah, Cosima and Alison. Gotta love the special effects on this show.

V.J. Allison

Sunny with a Side of Evilness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
I didn't see the first season of this until it hit CTV last year, but I was hooked on it from the time I saw Beth in the train station.

The latest episode was great... "Meathead!"

I admit I didn't care for Helena at first, but she has said a lot of funny lines, and now that we know more about how the religious nuts messed her up, I'm liking her a lot more, and feeling sorry for her. She's not evil, she's just misguided and messed up, poor girl.

Alison was one of my favorites from the first time I saw her, even though she's neurotic, and her interactions with Felix were always hilarious in my opinion. :D

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
I caught the first half of the first season when they were doing the recent marathon but I missed the last half. :cry: It hooked me from the first episode and I'm really enjoying season 2. I hope they'll play more of season 1 again soon so I can finish it.

I'm a little lost on why Paul is being such a jerk and hoping that he hasn't completely gone to the dark side. I'm also liking Helena more and more. Can't wait for the next episode!

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Just started watching this on Amazon Prime.

Pretty good. I'm in to Season 2 now and quite happy with most aspects of the show.

My one complaint is freaky horror movie music (and camera work) that is used every time Helena shows up. Tis annoying.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We recently finished what's available streaming, although to our dismay we were nearly at the end of a season when the service we were getting it from discontinued it. I wish they'd put up a notice or something! Luckily, area libraries had the episodes we had yet to see. Whew.

It's far-fetched at times, but I still liked it a lot.

Maryn, easy

RJenn

Registered
Reaction score
Just binge watched the first two seasons after a coworker kept telling me to try it out. I'm addicted.

Tatiana Maslany deserves all the awards.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Just binge watched the first two seasons after a coworker kept telling me to try it out. I'm addicted.

Tatiana Maslany deserves all the awards.

I did the same thing over the Christmas holidays. Great series.

thevernacular

Registered
Reaction score
I did the same thing over the Christmas holidays. Great series.

Doing that right now. I have to physically restrain myself from blasting through four or five episodes in one sitting .___. I just remember the first episode grabbing me so hard that all I could say was, "Oh my god she is so COOL."

Also, Felix is the best. Maslany is a champion, obviously, but I adore Jordan Gavaris <3

jeffo20

Tyrant King
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doubtingwriter.blogspot.com
My wife and I just finished season 2. What a show! Tatiana Maslany is just fantastic--I particularly like the scenes where she's one clone pretending to be another, because you can see the little slips in the facade. Someone upthread mentioned Allison and Felix--they are a lot of fun together.

My big concern with the show is with the ever-expanding conspiracy stuff. While it's fun wondering whether this or that person can be trusted, I think the more complicated it gets, the more likely it is to collapse under the weight of its own mythology.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
I enjoyed the season premiere but it had been so long since I watched Season 2 that I was a little lost on some things.

Like...what happened to Cal?