The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyra Wright

Skulduggery and haberdashery
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone else playing A Link Between Worlds?

I was a bit nervous when I saw the trailer for it a while back, mostly because A Link to the Past is one of my favorite games, and I wasn't sure how well a sequel would hold up. Thus far though, I'm really enjoying it. This is the first game in which I've used the 3D feature frequently. The dungeons are cleverly designed as well. All in all, it's better than I expected.

Antonin

▐п╣�▀╪? ╧ы§�Й!
Registered
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it, and just beat it the other day. I did feel like the combat got too easy late game. When I play it again (because, lets face it, I will) I'm going to make it a point to avoid getting the different colored tunics to keep the game difficult.

Those nostalgia feels are wonderful aren't they?

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
A Link Between Worlds sat on my stack of to-play games, but I finally managed to get to it... and am I ever glad I did! From the storyline to the gameplay, it's so much more than I expected. Don't get me wrong, it does hit all the right 'nostalgia notes,' but it mixes up the tune a bit. The overworld's been lovingly recreated on one hand, but on the other, having access to most of the equipment from the beginning plus the 2-D/3-D shifting drastically changes the way you move through it. The thrust of the narrative is still built around rescuing kidnapped sages to close the gate between Hyrule and some dangerous place (a mirror-world named Lorule this time), but for one thing, the sages are abducted during the game instead of before it, and I loved the surprisingly eerie subtlety of that; you'll be adventuring, come back to a familiar area, and a colorful, visible NPC will just be... gone. For another, spoiler-free version, there's more than one person involed with the abductions, and the interplay between them is intriguing. This one is definitely a keeper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.