First paragraph of first chapter... thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Before, I was a humble soldier who always did as my government asked. Now, I am what they fear the most. Looking back on how I started my journey, I’m amazed that I’m still in one piece. Currently I’m sitting on the icy stone floor of a dark Dragon Crypt. Green, glowing mushrooms illuminate my surroundings. Chiseled creatures on the wall mock me behind my back as I peer at my goal down an empty stone well. However, I should probably start from the beginning.
//

Thoughts?

Too dramatic?

TIA!

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
I think this is the wrong place to share your work.

There is a whole sub-forum for that where you can start your own thread (once you reach 50 posts on AW) or participate in existing posts where you can submit shorter snippets like this one.

Either way, this belongs in SYW, partly because that area is password protected and therefore unavailable to search bots, which helps protect your work.

If you PM one of the mods, they'll move it for you.

CajunWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm very sorry. Thank you!

Even though i've had this account for awhile, I'm unfamiliar with the flow.

Again, thank you for the advice.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
You can't post anything in SYW until you have 50 posts elsewhere at AW. But you can go to SYW and read other people's work and comments, and that probably would be a good thing to do.

caw

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm going to close this thread, as it is not, as other people have pointed out, the forum for sharing your work. :)

You can go to the Share Your Work section (password is vista). While members under 50 posts can't generally post new posts in SYW, some of the genre-specific sub forums have threads where you can post the first 200 words of your work.

And any member can post in those threads. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.