Raising Funds for Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I hope this is the best place for this on the board! Let me know if I should put it somewhere else instead.

Next weekend (Mar 15), I'll be running in the LA Marathon. This is my first marathon ever and I'm running on behalf of a charity called Runwell. Runwell gathers funds to distribute as grants to deserving mental health and drug addiction rehabilitation programs. Mental wellness programs are still extremely underfunded in the United States, so the funds I'm raising will be going to a good cause.

As part of my commitment, I'm trying to raise $500 for the charity. I've already raised a significant portion of this amount, but I still have a ways to go. I would appreciate any contributions you can provide.

Donations can be made here: http://runwell.donorpages.com/LAMarathon2015/KayleyFC/

Runwell is an official charity of the LA Marathon and a 501c3 organization, so your donation will be tax-deductible.

I'm also willing to offer some rewards in exchange for contributions:

For donations of $20 or more, I'll critique a query letter.

For donations of $100 or more, I'll critique a manuscript <100k words.

Just let me know if you make contributions eligible for these rewards.

If this type of post isn't allowed on AW, I understand. This will be the only thread I make on the board about the cause, so if it's not allowed, feel free to just delete it and I won't make another one.

Thank you for reading my message, whether you can contribute or not. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. :)

Kronisk

Banned
Reaction score
Sydney. Please do not call me Australian. My disli
Kayley,

I have one question that comes to mind. I have a manuscript that I am chomping at the bit to get evaluated/critiqued. Thing is, its total word count is 113,629 according to Word.

Is there a donation amount that could get you to critique it?

Last edited:

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
Kayley,

I have one question that comes to mind. I have a manuscript that I am chomping at the bit to get evaluated/critiqued. Thing is, its total word count is 113,629 according to Word.

Is there a donation amount that could get you to critique it?

Sorry, Kronisk, but the offer ended March 15 along with the donation drive. But once you're off your break, you should post in the Beta forum to see if anyone's interested in critiquing and/or swapping. :)

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
Woops, I should probably provide an update too!

The donation drive went well. I ended up with $560 - right above my goal! I think most of it came from my work, but if any came from here, I sincerely thank you for your contribution. I also appreciate having this thread moved to the Bulletin Board forum. :)

As for the marathon: I finished it! I ended up with a slow time of 7:08 because I got blisters and had to walk half the darn thing, but I'm just happy I finished it. I also have a fancy new pic for my profile now.

That having been said, the purpose of this thread is pretty much moot now. I really appreciate having it available, but at this point the mods can do with it what they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.