Last Game you have played...

kdaniel171

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
The last game I've played was "Silent Hill:Homecoming".
And now my biggest fear is to meet the Pyramid Head.:Hammer:

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I found out I had AC4: Black Flag installed and never played it.

...where...did...this game come from?

Oh! Right! My uncle got it for me!

It's fun.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I think I've figured out why I like Heroes of Might and Magic games. They're tactical turn-based games. Now, I used to love the tactics of chess, but for fast-paced games, it would take me a lot of game time to figure out the tactics. Like, for StarCraft, I played that a LOT and eventually came up with some killer tactics. But most fast-paced games, I tend to play by the "Have more units and crush the enemy" method.

But HoMaM is turn-based, so I can think things through easier. It's still quite a difficult game, to be honest, and it takes forever to finish a mission, but I find it super addictive.

So hooray for actually having time to think about my next move!

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
So hooray for actually having time to think about my next move!

I like turn-based games in general better than action game (fighting games being a curious exception). Surprisingly, rather than playing one of the new games on my to-play pile, I find myself replaying Shining Force 2. Such a fun game. :) It's one of those Megadrive (Genesis) games that doesn't age at all for me. (Shining Force has better characters, setting and humour, but the second one has better gameplay.)

It's basically a trunbased strategy game where you pick up individual fighters like in a rpg, and level them.

FCChen

All Ogre Now
Registered
Reaction score
Right now, I've been unapologetically playing a visual novel called 'No, Thank You.'

It's... my favorite game of 2015, so far. :D (Ehehehe...)

Tally

Registered
Reaction score
Website
remnants.spiritsoftheearth.net
I was about to say DA:I but realized...no, that's not right. Actually, I brought my big old pink clunky DS on the bus with me so I could start replaying Fire Emblem from the GBA days. ♥
I reeeeeally want them to put the old Fire Emblem games in Nintendo's eshop so I can just play them all on my 3DS.

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
I like turn-based games in general better than action game (fighting games being a curious exception). Surprisingly, rather than playing one of the new games on my to-play pile, I find myself replaying Shining Force 2. Such a fun game. :) It's one of those Megadrive (Genesis) games that doesn't age at all for me. (Shining Force has better characters, setting and humour, but the second one has better gameplay.)

It's basically a trunbased strategy game where you pick up individual fighters like in a rpg, and level them.

I've been playing something similar! Tactics Ogre for the PSP. :D

I love tactical RPGs. Especially when I can name my units/soldiers. Muahahaha.
http://www.absolutewrite.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Finished Tomb Raider now. I enjoyed it quite a bit. More of the puzzle elements would have been nice, but because I didn't expect them, I wasn't disappointed by the lack.

I spent more time than I should probably admit to examining some of the relics (like the happy mask... scared mask... happy mask... scared mask) :p

Moved on to Pillars of Eternity now. Liking it. Have been distressed by having to make moral decisions already. But what if I make the wrong choice?! I hate decisions!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Moved on to Pillars of Eternity now. Liking it. Have been distressed by having to make moral decisions already. But what if I make the wrong choice?! I hate decisions!

Yes, this! Decisions are the devil!

Like in an RPG, I made *one choice* to do an evil quest, and now the game keeps making me do *more* evil quests. Ack! I'd really prefer to have shifting morals in my gaming, so I could do good things and evil things depending on my mood.

Filson

You Can't Take the Sky From Me...
Registered
Reaction score
On a Spherical Painter's Pallete of Color, Traveli
Don't get to play too much, but I've played Dying Light to death lately... DayZ now and again.

Anxiously waiting for the next Elder Scrolls series to come out (am I the only one who feels like the game shouldn't be an MMO? I even used to be an avid MMO player, but feel like TES was perfect as a single player...) Anyway... I'd love for a new Fallout to happen, but don't think that'll be any time soon.

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Anxiously waiting for the next Elder Scrolls series to come out (am I the only one who feels like the game shouldn't be an MMO? I even used to be an avid MMO player, but feel like TES was perfect as a single player...) Anyway... I'd love for a new Fallout to happen, but don't think that'll be any time soon.

I'm with you on the MMO thing. I've never liked MMOs, and it kills me when one of my favorite game series gets an MMO sequel instead of a single player game. Where's my proper KOTOR sequel, damn it?

I actually think it's far more likely we'll get a new Fallout before we get a new Elder Scrolls, though. Fallout 4 is probably what Bethesda Game Studios moved on to after work on Skyrim finished. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an announcement at E3 (though part of it is wishful thinking, I admit).

Last edited:

Marianne Kirby

Blue Hair, Don't Care
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.xojane.com
Most of my gaming is done a half hour at a time lately so epic-scale stories aren't really feasible. Though I've never really loved all the running around an open world either. (Though I'll watch friends play those games for hours.) So I mostly play fighting games (Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, etc) or puzzle games. A lot of Chime, recently, which is kind of like techno-inspired Tetris, where the music adapts to the positioning of your pieces and your coverage of the play board.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you on the MMO thing. I've never liked MMOs, and it kills me when one of my favorite game series gets an MMO sequel instead of a single player game. Where's my proper KOTOR sequel, damn it?

I'll third that. Can't I at least have a single-player option? Some people love going to live readings, but I'd rather curl up with the book by the fireside, and I game like I read.

Violet Vixen

Official Cryptid of the Publishing World
Registered
Reaction score
Destiny.

I am so, so addicted to that game. It's sad. The next expansion is coming out soon, and I will be on vacation when it happens.

I'm so addicted I almost got them to move the vacation dates..... >_>
<_<

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Every few months, I get hit by a lightning bolt and go: "I...must...replay...entire...Mass Effect...series..."

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
So, I've finished ME1 and now I'm on ME2.

Some things I've noticed that I never noticed before: They REALLY lowered the bass on a lot of the gun sounds.

Back in ME1, it felt like you needed ear protection while firing the guns. In ME2, they feel more subdued - still satisfying, but subdued. Same with the Mass Relay sound effect. That one, in ME1, felt like a goddamn kick to the FACE. Now, it's just a neato sound.

I'm not sure if this is...a bad thing or a good thing. I guess it's just...a thing.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
At long last, I'm playing through The Wolf Among Us.

It was my reward to myself for finishing my edits. (should have saved it for my edits on the newer MS with the werewolves...)

It's making me want to go find some Fables GNs. Also, I'm such a sucker for "games play play like movies!"/quicktime event-games.

mbuhmann

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marcbuhmann.com
Every few months, I get hit by a lightning bolt and go: "I...must...replay...entire...Mass Effect...series..."

I want to do this one day but need to clear out the huge collection of games I've purchased and never touched over the years. I never entirely understood the controversy with the ending, either. I thought it was fantastic; probably one of the best game endings I'd experienced.

At long last, I'm playing through The Wolf Among Us.

A fantastic game! If you're enjoying it, and if you have an iOS device, you might want to try Lifeline. It's sort of a choose your own text adventure written by the same guy.

As for me, I finished up Life is Strange, Episode 2 a few weeks back. I've been sort of holding off on anything else since Witcher 3 comes out tomorrow. I was trying to finish up Hotline Miami 2, but couldn't do it. It's a bit more complicated than the first game, and my reflexes aren't what they once were in my old age. :p

BradCarsten

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm playing the infamous Dark Souls at the moment, and just killed the Qualaag spider witch thing after about 30 tries, and quitting the game permanently at least half a dozen times. This game is good, but it's challenging, to say the least.

I found out I had AC4: Black Flag installed and never played it.

...where...did...this game come from?

Oh! Right! My uncle got it for me!

It's fun.

I really enjoy the AC games. Up until now I've only played up to Revelation because I've been on XP, but I installed the Windows 10 beta so I've got a few months to catch up. This one is definitely on my todo list.