Deleting Private Messages

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I need to delete a bunch of old PMs here, and for some reason (possibly stupidity) can't seem to do so. I've done it before, but somehow I just can't select the ones I need to delete. Advice?

caw

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
IIRC, you can open an individual message, then scroll to the bottom of the screen to find the "delete message" clickbox. I think I've also sent a slew of messages to a new folder I created, just so I could mass delete the entire folder.

Scratch that. Left out a step and was vague about the whole thing.

Go to "User CP."
Scroll to "Private Messages" section on left side.
Select "List messages."
Open individual message to delete (by scrolling to bottom of it and selecting option), OR
Checkbox on the right the ones you want to delete, scroll to bottom, and choose from Selected Messages: "Delete."

Last edited:

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I hadn't done this in a long while, and forgot the procedure. That was compounded by the teeny check boxes on the right being next to invisible to my bad eyes.

caw

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you're using a computer (rather than mobile), you can always temporarily zoom in or out by holding Ctrl down and selecting either + or -. If you're using mobile there are options for zooming in.

Last edited:

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure.

At another forum I frequent, someone mentioned that private message storage was a the biggest burden on the system. It's a good reminder to purge when appropriate.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
As a side point:

If you want to keep the messages, you *can* download them. Delete is one option. There are also options to download the selected messages as CSV, or as TXT.

So you can delete them, but still keep a copy.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
If you want every single PM received or sent to be deleted, I can bulk delete them for you as part of a regular utility series I run. Just let me know.

Also: clicking the check box at the top of the PM list, to the write of the number listing the PM total, will select all PMs in the current list (i.e. Receive, Sent, etc.).

Any option, including Delete, will then apply to all the selected PMs.

Last edited: