Seeking flash fiction writers for no-strings fun

Evan Henry

Short story-ist, editor for hire.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blackshipbooks.com
Well, that was a weird title. Sorry...

I'm the editor of a (very) small British-American publisher called Black Ship Books. We publish primarily genre fiction and comic books, but through our website we've become a haunt of sorts for geeks and ne'erdowells. Basically, think of us as a creative, nerdy pirate commune.

As of this week, we will be posting weekly flash fiction prompts, open to anyone at all who would like to participate. You can post your story at your own blog and leave a link in our comments section, or, if you don't have a blog, you can email the story to me ([email protected]) and we'll post it at the site for you. It's not a competition; just no-strings, get-together-and-have-a-ball short-story-writing fun!

This week's prompt asks you to tell us a story about SOMETHING NEW. Don't be shy! We love meeting new people; old people can be so chew-- I mean, um, cranky. :)

I was going to post this in the proper Flash Fiction board, but I'm not intimately familiar with the AW policy on spam! If it would be welcome there, please let me know.

Evan Henry

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blackshipbooks.com
Flash Fiction every Friday

Hi, guys and gals! I posted a thread here a while back but couldn't manage to find it. Just wanted to let anyone who might be interested know that our latest Flash Fiction prompt is live at the Black Ship website (link in sig).

The prompt is as follows:

PROMPT: Write a story about a character who makes a deal. It might be good or bad; it might be with a devil or with an angel; there are a lot of possibilities here. In addition (since I’m feeling arbitrary today), let’s use the words BRIEFCASE, LAPEL, and PRODIGIOUS.

GENRE: Open

LENGTH: < 1,200 words

DEADLINE: Thursday, January 8, 11:59 PM

Hope to see all you fantastic writers there!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
This is probably the thread you're talking about. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296366

To find your own posts and threads (or anyone's), click on your name (on the left of the post you made), a drop down box will appear. Click 'view public profile' and then 'statistics'. Here you have an option to 'view all posts' or 'view all threads'. Simples.

Evan Henry

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blackshipbooks.com
Yep, that's the one! Feel free to merge if need be, moderators.

Here's our latest prompt!

PROMPT: This week’s prompt is a pretty simple one. Let’s write the story of a marriage proposal that gets complicated.

GENRE: Open

LENGTH: < 1,000 words

DEADLINE: Thursday, January 15, 11:59 PM