Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

Jinxy

Registered
Reaction score
My resolution was to stop buying so many books. Needless to say, it's been a complete failure.

The worst part is that I don't even feel bad about it. *skips off to admire buckling bookshelves*

Victor Clairmont

Registered
Reaction score
My resolution was to stop buying so many books. Needless to say, it's been a complete failure.

The worst part is that I don't even feel bad about it. *skips off to admire buckling bookshelves*

It was a good resolution to break my friend.

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
I did not make a resolution this year. so i have managed to keep it lol.

ooyekoya44

Registered
Reaction score
My New Year Resolution was to be active in the gym, finish my novel, publish my novel, take the GRE, and get my license.

So far I have been active in the gym, i have finished my novel and I passed my road test. I'm studying for the GRE now and in the process of writing my query letter : )

Sleepysara

Registered
Reaction score
My New Year Resolution was to be active in the gym, finish my novel, publish my novel, take the GRE, and get my license.

So far I have been active in the gym, i have finished my novel and I passed my road test. I'm studying for the GRE now and in the process of writing my query letter : )

Holy cow! You make me feel like I better get back to work!

Trevy

Registered
Reaction score
The last legit resolution I made was in 2006 (I think). It was to be more honest. I've since made some pretty awful, dishonest decisions so it's safe to say I've broken it. I recall immediately noticing that trying to live more honestly was a good way to stretch my regular way of living. Not that I was a pathological liar. But could you believe me if I said that?

If you're looking for a good 2015 resolution I'd feel comfortable with you stealing my (2006) one.

jkosbart

Registered
Reaction score
Yep...it's already broken...but on the upside I think I made it a whole month before I broke it which is longer than I normally do! :)

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
TaDa.
New Question of the Week (Jed is late again :) )

If your house was burning down, what three objects would you try and save?

thedark

Weaving through the night.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Objects.. not people or pets. Let's see..

Ironically, all the computer files are already backed up, all the important papers are at the office with copies in other places, all the family photos are scanned. There's already a go-bag in the car..

So I guess that leaves my purse, my child's favorite stuffed animal, and my wife's Native American medicine pouch.

That was fun, and made me feel warm and fuzzy about our level of personal preparation.

sic_scripsit

l'il cat inna big tophat
Registered
Reaction score
Once my cats were taken care of (they don't classify as objects 8^) ) I guess it would have to be my medicine box, my iPhone and my car keys.

Nah... Those things can be replaced.

I would save my 1872 bottle of Commandaria, a herringbone sweater made from real herring bones, and my Finnish Lapplander yodeling instructor.

Wait. I don't have any of those things. And one's not even an object! Damn. Why don't I have any of those things?

Okay okay... How about this... My book collection, my record collection and a piece of fruit.

Shhhhhoot. That's more than three. Igotthis Igotthis... Okay...

(squinching eyes shut) ummm... ummm...

How about this? I'll just take one thing: my gratitude for being alive. Things can be replaced.

Besides - the yodeling instructor can take care of himself.

Last edited:

herself

Registered
Reaction score
With my little one about to turn one, I didn't DARE make any New Year's resolutions... apart from just trying to enjoy every little moment with her, and write as much as I can about her in my journal.

The journal writing's been pretty slack lately. I'm going to put it by the bed and make sure I write SOMETHING every night before I go to sleep.

edit: doh. Missed the question change.

3 things I'd rescue? My bubba, suitcase of journals, and hard disk of family photos.

Last edited:

AuthorUnknown

Look Closer
Registered
Reaction score
My New Years resolution is to finish my book. So far, so good, but I won't know till I either finish it or the year ends.

GaleRN

Registered
Reaction score
TaDa.

My Harley, my cheap little computer, and my riding jacket. Everything else is already stored in the bike, so I would be set to ride and write. Gee.....that almost makes me sound prepared.....

CH Davis

Registered
Reaction score
I don't make new years resolutions. If I did I'd probably forget to remember to break it...or something.

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TaDa.

My laptop, external hard drive drive, and my cash-stash. I'd sacrifice my phone, keys, identification, and a whole slew of other stuff I'm ashamed to admit to just for those three things.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Cat #1
Cat #2
Cat #3

CH Davis

Registered
Reaction score
What is your favourite Christmas song?[/B]

The last, last, last Question: When are you putting up your Christmas decorations?

Previous Question: Do you zip or button first?

Previous, previous Question: Which shoe do you put on first, left or right?

Previous, previous, previous Question: What is your favourite 80's cartoon?

Previous, previous, previous, previous Question: What was the last movie you watched?

The previous question before the previous and previous previous question: What was the last book you read?

The very first Question of the Day was: If you had the choice of only doing one which would it be: to travel into space or to travel deep under the Ocean?

You do realize many of us don't celebrates Christmas, right? Like a huge chunk of the world doesn't.

Last edited:

thedark

Weaving through the night.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is that the new question of the week? How many celebrate Christmas? ;)

How about a new question:

What's the one hobby you've never done, but secretly want to start?

My answer: Hang-gliding.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
belly dancing. So badllllly.

CH Davis

Registered
Reaction score
Is that the new question of the week? How many celebrate Christmas? ;)

How about a new question:

What's the one hobby you've never done, but secretly want to start?

My answer: Hang-gliding.

I just haven't been around folks who just assume everyone is Christian. It's a tad alienating.
Love your question!
Hobby that you secretly wanted to start? Damn, I love the question and can't think of one that is secret. Must sleep on it.