Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
lol i many years ago was part of a large online community based on a game and we did roll play via the forums. we created people and conflicts this seems to be a place much like my old home .

climbing the hill from the docks he enters the tavern. the sign out front states that they are re opening. he wonders why they were closed. entering the tavern the first thing he notices is the fire in the great fireplace centered in the room. shadows in the rest of the room are offset by the light that flows in from the second floor windows. as its early in the day most of the guest are local craftsmen. eating breakfast at the tables scattered through out the room. the conversations seem to die down a bit as he stands looking for a place to sit. after a casual galnce at him the locals return to the various conversations. he soon finds a small table to the side he sits and wonders how long it will be before he is noticed.

almost as soon as he sits she approaches the table and the questions begin.

we had 1 thread where you put the bio of you actor and then you entered the bar. soon you and a few others would be off on an adventure. it was very helpful to improve my skills in describing a space and learning better how to speak to colors and lighting.

and to end all of that glad to meet you also.

Last edited:

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
We need heat. Lots of heat. Way too cold outside.

Drinks all round ... round the fireplace. :e2drunk:
*adds more logs to the fire*

*sets out a case of Baileys*

It's the best I could do. Here's to hoping for warmer weather in the near future. :e2drunk:

and to end all of that glad to meet you also.
Nice to meet you, Rockweaver. Care for a drink?

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
i good on the drink thanks. relaxing and enjoying the site. i had gotten out of the mood to write and found you on accident. joined and next i knew i was agreeing to write every day for a new resolution. so far so good i have kept my resolve. about to pass the 12000 word marker in my MW.

i keep finding more do do here and i will have to monitor that so it wont keep me from working.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Rockweaver, welcome to the Pub. :hi:

*sets out a case of Baileys*

It's the best I could do. Here's to hoping for warmer weather in the near future. :e2drunk:
I think we're in it for the next while I think. We have severe weather warnings for tomorrow and the boss phoned and said if the roads are bad don't go out and chance it. I'm wondering how many people aren't going to work tomorrow now.

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe you should stay home. And hang at the Pub. I'll bring up more cases from the east dungeon. ;)

...joined and next i knew i was agreeing to write every day for a new resolution. so far so good i have kept my resolve. about to pass the 12000 word marker in my MW.
Great job, Rockweaver. Keep it up.

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Rockweaver, welcome to the Pub. :hi:
I think we're in it for the next while I think. We have severe weather warnings for tomorrow and the boss phoned and said if the roads are bad don't go out and chance it.

enjoy the extra time off. a snow day here is a 1 time in 2 or 3 years. but at the same time i am over the jealousy as i would have to spend the time in my home with 7 unhappy people.

Great job, Rockweaver. Keep it up.

Ty this is the most encouragement i have had in several years... shamelessly enjoying it.

next time you are in the basement see how many cases of VO7 you have in stock. at one time 24 years ago i could down 1.5 bottles a day.

Vortex Theory

Registered
Reaction score
Can I complain about mild frost here? And get a glass of Baileys to ward off the chill? I swear I must be a reptile of some kind - give me 105 in summer and I'm fine, but these cold nights make my fingers feel like frozen bones!

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Pub, Vortex Theory!

One Baileys coming right up, and I'll add some logs to the fireplace to help ward off the chill.

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
i need to order some more wood the kids have used it all up..... who knew that in Texas we could get enough cold to warrant using up 1/2 cord of wood in the infamous FP..

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score

*Plays some tunes on the jukebox*

*restocks drinks*

*straightens things up*

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, L.Y - you sure are busy. Don't think I can handle the 34 flights of stairs to bring up more from the dungeon, but could you use some help up here? How 'bout I wash some of these dirty drink glasses.

Thanks, BTW, for adding more logs to the fire - it's warming up in here nicely.

Jed, stay warm, and stay safe. (little jealous though, I have one of those jobs that must be done 24/7 regardless of weather)

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, pkbzrod. :)

Here, have a round of Baileys on the house.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
enjoy the extra time off. a snow day here is a 1 time in 2 or 3 years. but at the same time i am over the jealousy as i would have to spend the time in my home with 7 unhappy people.
I would have enjoyed the extra time off, but I didn't have any. In fact I did a 15 hour day yesterday thanks to the damned weather and stupid people not being able to drive in it and the roads not being gritted. And stupid drivers who are stupid and be stupid because they are stupid drivers who are stupid.

And I ate a dodgy fish and chips last night and woke up and was sick. But you don't wanna hear about that. It was like a scene out of the exorcist. But you don't wanna hear about that.
Can I complain about mild frost here? And get a glass of Baileys to ward off the chill? I swear I must be a reptile of some kind - give me 105 in summer and I'm fine, but these cold nights make my fingers feel like frozen bones!
Hi Vortex, welcome to the Pub. You have to watch yourself and be careful, those mild frosts can be nasty. You make sure you wrap up and keep warm. And have a glass or three of Baileys. :)
One Baileys coming right up, and I'll add some logs to the fireplace to help ward off the chill.
:e2woo: woo and hoo for the extra logs on the fire. You are a gem of a minion.
Gee, L.Y - you sure are busy. Don't think I can handle the 34 flights of stairs to bring up more from the dungeon, but could you use some help up here? How 'bout I wash some of these dirty drink glasses.

Jed, stay warm, and stay safe. (little jealous though, I have one of those jobs that must be done 24/7 regardless of weather)
Lance could do with a hand with those glasses. At the moment he just chucks the dirty glasses and plates in a bin out back and orders new ones. :D

I tried to stay warm and safe, however I had to go into work. And then when I tried to come back earlier I got stuck in traffic for six hours.

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
:e2woo: woo and hoo for the extra logs on the fire. You are a gem of a minion.
:thankyou:

Lance could do with a hand with those glasses. At the moment he just chucks the dirty glasses and plates in a bin out back and orders new ones. :D
I was supposed to wash them?

:D

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Opa!

But I'll take it easy with the glassware from now on. :D

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, pkbzrod. :)

Here, have a round of Baileys on the house.

*takes a sip*

Ahh, thanks! Just what I needed. :)

I would have enjoyed the extra time off, but I didn't have any. In fact I did a 15 hour day yesterday thanks to the damned weather and stupid people not being able to drive in it and the roads not being gritted. And stupid drivers who are stupid and be stupid because they are stupid drivers who are stupid.

And I ate a dodgy fish and chips last night and woke up and was sick. But you don't wanna hear about that. It was like a scene out of the exorcist. But you don't wanna hear about that.

I tried to stay warm and safe, however I had to go into work. And then when I tried to come back earlier I got stuck in traffic for six hours.

Wow. Stupid drivers (x6, that's a lot of stupid), dodgy fish & chips, & 6 hours in traffic. That's a lot to deal with! I know it's your bar and you can treat yourself, but let me treat you to some Bailey's anyway - you need it!

He's been throwing the glasses away, huh? Gee, that explains why there were so few to wash. :D Gets a little expensive that way, though. Let's see, L.Y. already straigtened up (very tidy); I refilled the napkin holders, put the clean glassware away, and even added some mugs to the fridge so there's some nice frosty ones for drafts - what else can I help with? Got any unfinished paperwork? I'm really good with paperwork. :e2file: (Can you tell I'm bored today?)
Z

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
...what else can I help with? :e2file:
Z
I could use some help to putting in orders for some new glassware on account of...ummm...some accidents around here lately. Yeah, accidents.

*cough*

Your help is much welcome. :D

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
I could use some help to putting in orders for some new glassware on account of...ummm...some accidents around here lately. Yeah, accidents.

Of course they were accidents. ;) I made sure to include some dishes along with glasses on the order to replace the accidentally broken ones of those, too.

And can't forget this...

*places plate of homemade pepernoten (aka spice cookies) & cinnamon bread on bar*

I baked some goodies to share. They both go great with Bailey's. Can I get another glass of that, BTW?

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Stupid drivers (x6, that's a lot of stupid), dodgy fish & chips, & 6 hours in traffic. That's a lot to deal with! I know it's your bar and you can treat yourself, but let me treat you to some Bailey's anyway - you need it!
I'd love to be treated to Baileys. Very kind of you. Cheers. :e2drunk:

Snow is coming down bad again at the moment, so tomorrow should prove an intersting day again if I go into work.
*places plate of homemade pepernoten (aka spice cookies) & cinnamon bread on bar*
Ooh, cookies, nice. Homemade cookies are the best. :drool
I feel like a bit of REM at the moment. Not sure why. Although not that shiney happy people one, as I don't like shiney happy people they're annoyingly happy.
Of course. Drinks are on me.
:yessmiley

So what are all your plans for today?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*avoids being shiny and happy* ...that was easy.

*pours some Baileys in the coffee*

That helps with sore throats, right? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.