Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
99 bottles of Rum - much better than beer; 99 bottles of Bailey's - bliss! Thank heavens Lance put one more back up, though. Running as low as only 98 bottles would be disaster.
I was almost in a panic. This kind of thing just shouldn't happen.
I would never, that's Jed's job. Now play some cool music and get out the Baileys! :D
:roll:
Just me. We've been having a lot of new customers at the Pub, and I had to restock. :)
:eek: Anything you say.
We really have been having a lot of new customers. It's great. We can have a party with all the Newbies. Everyone has to make their own hat to wear. Could be fun.

Yup. Much merriment.

And if they want to get scared, there's always P&CE...
That would be way too traumatic. Are you trying to give our poor newbies nightmares?
Thanks for the welcome and the rounds! Thanks for the encouragement. The kids were actually pretty fine today. I do believe I even witnessed a bit of learning! :D
No way? Kids learning? Oh dear lordy, what is the world coming to? There used to be a time when kids didn't want to learn anything. Or was that just me?
:Hug2:

Aw, you're my favorite AW'er...just don't tell all the other AW'ers. :D
Say what now. :guns:
:Hug2: thanks L.Y. I'm pretty sure that counts for fluids. I just took some more meds so I won't be on much longer. No one wants to see my posts when I'm high on Nyquil. :D
Oh, I so wanna see those posts. :D

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
New... totally new. Forgive me. Is this just a place to random chat about whatever, and does the guilt that I feel for inturrupting current conversation warrant an exit?
This is the place to hang out and chat with other Pubbers. Some of the conversations are very random, and a lot will contain Baileys at some point.

So, what kinds of stuff do you write?

(we could try to sneak into the Sekrit Stash......:D)
Erm, there is no Sekrit Stash. Or Sekrit Sekrit Stash. Or in fact a Super Sekrit Stash. Any rumours are just rumours. And if in fact there were Sekrit Stashes, which I'm not saying there are, but if there were, then, of course, I just have to get a few more commas in, just because, you know, well, I like commas, but, alas, getting back to the point, and that was that it would be a Sekrit.

Phew, I need a drink. Anyone seen the Sekrit Stash?

So, I'm sure I can go find this answer out there in the millions of post, but do you get any sort of notifications of people posting on your thread or if someone posted on a thread you did? I forgot the name of this thread and had to click through a few others to find it. Wondering if I'm missing something, or if this is the way of the AW world??? TIA
The others have given good advice about subscribing to threads (something I've never actually done). And if you get stuck, you can click on your username on the left of one of your posts, and search statistics and find all posts by user.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*crawls up from behind the third door, trailing cobwebs and shedding some kind of dusty debris best not observed too closely*

*cough! hack*

The non-existent Sekrit Stash is in the basement. Or was that Nyquil I got into last night?

Believe I prefer Bailey's actually, is it too early?

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thankee kindly, and I believe I'll just skip the cornflakes. :D

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
mm...Baileys! I currently have a fever and it feels as if my head might explode. What's the saying? Drown a fever in Baileys? right? :D

Absolutely!! :D And of course it counts as fluids; it is liquid after all.

It's never too early for Baileys. You should try it on cornflakes instead of milk. Pure bliss. :D

Hummm. Yummy. Never tried it on cornflakes.
*eyes glaze over; lost in blissful thought*

*crawls up from behind the third door, trailing cobwebs and shedding some kind of dusty debris best not observed too closely*

Yeah! Kylabelle came out from behind the door!! Dust yourself off, or don't, your choice, and have a Bailey's!:hooray:

And just 'cause I feel like it.... some dancing bananas:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Pubbers. :hi:

I'm very skeptical of this "sekrit stash" and it's contents... You first!
:yessmiley I never say no to some Sekrit Stash.

We really have been having a lot of new customers. It's great. We can have a party with all the Newbies. Everyone has to make their own hat to wear. Could be fun.
:yessmiley *thinks of ways to make a hat*
Say what now. :guns:
Aw, you're my favorite AW'er...just don't tell all the other AW'ers. :D
:thankyou:

:D
And just 'cause I feel like it.... some dancing bananas:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Banana Congo!
:banana:

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
*The concussion ripped through the tavern and shook it walls.* *Whoops and hollering echoed into the common room from the bathroom.* * Another concussion ensued followed by the bathroom door opening as a rather soaked TreeJet casually strolled out*
Hey guys whats going on in here? *Sirens started blaring off in the distance*
Um, damn. They usually aren't this fast. Well, I gotta run. Nice place, barkeep.
*Making his way to the exit, Treejet deposited a stack of hundred dollar bills on the bar.*
That should cover the..uh expenses. *Then, Treejet dashed through the exit as the flashing lights of the long arm of the law signaled their arrival*

Last edited:

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
*The concussion ripped through the tavern and shook it walls.* *Whoops and hollering echoed into the common room from the bathroom.* * Another concussion ensued followed by the bathroom door opening as a rather soaked TreeJet casually strolled out*
Hey guys whats going on in here? *Sirens started blaring off in the distance*
Um, damn. They usually aren't this fast. Well, I gotta run. Nice place, barkeep.
*Making his way to the exit, Treejet deposited a stack of hundred dollar bills on the bar.*
That should cover the..uh expenses. *Then, Treejet dashed through the exit as the flashing lights of the long arm of the law signaled their arrival*

*Wonders why cops would respond to exploding toilet but not NF setting the whiskey on fire*:Shrug:

Exciting place you got here, Jed! Never a dull moment.

My gift to all y'all dealing with that yucky cold white stuff called snow. . . sending some of the nice weather we have here your way!
:Sun::Sun::Sun:

Tipper Slinger

Registered
Reaction score
Is it inappropriate to have a virtual Baily's during my planning period at school?

I was asking my sophomores what kinds of readings they would prefer as a way of investigating how I might hook them into reading and *gasp* thinking abut what they read.

"Ka-BOOM!" was the first answer.

I'm not sure if I should have laughed or cried.

Yes, I think I'll have that Baily's with a half-the-well chaser.

Tipper

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
lol! You might need a few virtual Baileys, Tipper. :D

Welcome to the pub and to AW, MirandaWrites and TreeJet :hi: Pop in anytime. Jed makes a pretty mean Colorado Bulldog, or we have the house specialty- Baileys. The pub is well stocked from anything from coffee to Jack Daniels. Something for everyone. And you get good company free of charge. :D

*Wonders why cops would respond to exploding toilet but not NF setting the whiskey on fire*:Shrug:

Exciting place you got here, Jed! Never a dull moment.

My gift to all y'all dealing with that yucky cold white stuff called snow. . . sending some of the nice weather we have here your way!
:Sun::Sun::Sun:

Yeah, makes you wonder. I think the firemen and cops got tired of responding to all the calls they were getting from me setting things on fire. Now they just shrug it off when they get a call about a dragon setting things ablaze.

Thanks for the sun...it worked! We got a bit of it today right after the cold front blew out. It was nice. :)

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, makes you wonder. I think the firemen and cops got tired of responding to all the calls they were getting from me setting things on fire. Now they just shrug it off when they get a call about a dragon setting things ablaze.

Thanks for the sun...it worked! We got a bit of it today right after the cold front blew out. It was nice. :)

Ah! That makes sense. It does, however, bring up another question. How come you set so many things on fire, but Jed, also a dragon, doesn't?

Glad the sunshine helped! :D

Wish the rest of my day had been as nice as the weather. :( I need a drink, or, two, or maybe three . . . It started with just needing to change my day off from Wednesday to Tuesday. What should have been a 2 minute conversation turned into 30 minutes because my boss kept coming back to my cubby confused. She really needs to retire! :Headbang:

Then it got worse from there.

*takes a deep breath*

Okay, I feel better now. Just need that drink and all will be right with the world.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
How do you know Jed doesn't start fires? He's a dragon, we start fires if we burp. He just doesn't like talking about it. After he gets halfway through those 99 bottles of Baileys on the wall he'll be starting fires left and right. :D

Sorry you had a rough day. Breathe, relax, and suck down some drinks. Did your boss finally get it right? Doesn't really sound all that complicating. :rolleyes:

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
How do you know Jed doesn't start fires? He's a dragon, we start fires if we burp. He just doesn't like talking about it. After he gets halfway through those 99 bottles of Baileys on the wall he'll be starting fires left and right. :D

Sorry you had a rough day. Breathe, relax, and suck down some drinks. Did your boss finally get it right? Doesn't really sound all that complicating. :rolleyes:

Interesting. So he doesn't mind admitting being scared of spiders, but doesn't like to talk about how many of the char marks I see in the pub are his. I see. :)

Um, maybe I shouldn't have pointed out the char marks if he's embarrassed about his? Think baking some more cookies, or some rumstollen, would make up for it?

The boss . . . er . . . what can I say without being too evil. . . no, it's not complicated.Well, it's not if you can hear, and can remember something longer than 5 minutes, and don't need things explained 5, or 10, times, and, oh I better stop there. My horns are starting to poke out and make the halo tilt.

(*mumbles quietly to self - Yeah, right, like anyone ever believes the halo for long anyway*)

peggi

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.peggi.lennard.wordpress.com
NEWBIE - LOST ALREADY!

Was looking where to post a 'Hello, I'm a newbie' type of thing, then I saw the mention of rum and Baileys and decided I was lost no longer.
Don't really care where I am - this is the place for me.

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
The old guy in the dark part of the bar comes forward into the light. orders a new round. picking up the drinks heads back into the dark.

Don't enter the dark alone....

Thorburgh

Registered
Reaction score
Well I am a newcomer would love a screw driver (just because he said no orange juice ;) but use ever clear i like mine strong and this place looks like a crazy wild fun filled bunch so ill be wild and fun filled with that soon CHEERS!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Was looking where to post a 'Hello, I'm a newbie' type of thing, then I saw the mention of rum and Baileys and decided I was lost no longer.
Don't really care where I am - this is the place for me.
:welcome: to the Pub! What can I get you?

Well I am a newcomer would love a screw driver (just because he said no orange juice ;) but use ever clear i like mine strong and this place looks like a crazy wild fun filled bunch so ill be wild and fun filled with that soon CHEERS!
:welcome: to the Pub! Um, did someone mention orange juice....

no-man's-land

Registered
Reaction score
Thx LY for the welcome.

Whats the fastest way to get pissed around here? Can't see no bongs for weeds:Shrug:

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
*strolls casually into the pub*
Boy, do I need a drink! Those guys at the police station can be hard asses! Bartender! My pal! My buddy! Say, do me a favor? Mix everyone in here a round of Irish Car Bombs and put it on my tab!

Rbrown8384

New Fish; Exploring the Written Sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
*enters the pub, and takes an empty seat to rest his feet*

Hello all, I hope I wont be cast out for drinking something as boring as water in a pup.

*grins*

Status
Not open for further replies.