Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
I refuse to accept the title of Old Fart. I'm fine with Old guy, Lazy old Bastard, Crazy Old man, and Older than Dirt.

Funny I remember all of them. do you recall the "plop plop fiz fiz" days or wondering when Mary Ann would hook up with the first mate? stuck on an island it should not have taken longer than say 1 week.

But, I also wonder why Wimpy wanted to barrow money to pay back Next Tuesday. funny pay day that don't you think.

:roll:Ah, a nice trip down memory lane.

Troublesome buggers, aren't they? They just don't understand. . .

Hey, L.Y., you can't see the whole 80 feet, but if you want an idea of how my fence-full of wisteria looked last year, I posted it in the photography thread

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon, Pubbers. :hi:

Have the minion load the dumb waiter I need 3 cheeseburgers with bacon and spicy fries. I have plenty to drink.
Done. 500 quatloons, please. :D

I could do with a drink and some human contact. But as all those of you out there in cyber space are from some strange troglodite species who only come up for air when threre's a free drink or publicity going. Please tell me I'm wrong. I've been on this site a little while and nothing, no matter how controversial or inflamatory, I'm not making contact!
*carefully places drink on Princess Marina's table*

:welcome: to the Pub, Princess Marina.

This appears to be a great site. Not sure on how to use it yet.
:welcome: to the Pub, celiaboop. Any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Sheesh, can't believe I'm quoting Harry Potter now. Things are getting bad.
Dark and difficult times lay ahead.

:eek:

Now I'm doing it!

I love muggles. They are curious folk.

Hey, L.Y., you can't see the whole 80 feet, but if you want an idea of how my fence-full of wisteria looked last year, I posted it in the photography thread
Checked them out. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing, Z.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, L.Y.! I have several & have been trying to pick my favs to put them all together in one album that I can share a link to, but picking favs outta the many is challenging. Glad you liked, those.

Seems quiet in the pub tonight. Oh, well, more Baileys for us. ;)

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, L.Y.! I have several & have been trying to pick my favs to put them all together in one album that I can share a link to, but picking favs outta the many is challenging. Glad you liked, those.
I know SK mentioned it, but I would also like to say that I think your photos would be a wonderful addition to the thread he linked in his post.

Seems quiet in the pub tonight. Oh, well, more Baileys for us. ;)
Once the Baileys starts flowing, they will come. :D

*slides over a Baileys*

Cheers! :e2drunk:

JBClemmens

Patient Seahorse
Registered
Reaction score
I had a character use shaolin to escape the Chinese secret police in my first book, The Die-lemma. Does that count as Asian warriors you enjoy? Welcome gothicfictionfan to AW.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
I know SK mentioned it, but I would also like to say that I think your photos would be a wonderful addition to the thread he linked in his post.

Thank you. There are some fantastic shots in that thread!

Once the Baileys starts flowing, they will come. :D

*slides over a Baileys*

Cheers! :e2drunk:

*takes offered Baileys*

Here, here! :e2drunk:

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Pub, JBClemmens, and nice to see you. Pull up a stool and have a drink.

Finding your way around forums okay?

Thank you. There are some fantastic shots in that thread!
Yup. I started from the beginning, and worked my way along. It took a while, but the photos there were definitely worth it. :)

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. I started from the beginning, and worked my way along. It took a while, but the photos there were definitely worth it. :)

Gee. And I only checked out the last couple pages. I'll have to go back & start at the beginning!

Welcome back to the pub, JB :)

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, gothicfictionfan. :hi:

How are you today?

Gee. And I only checked out the last couple pages. I'll have to go back & start at the beginning!
Hope you enjoy it. :)

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
I'm well, thanks. Care for a drink?

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
So what can I get you? House specialty is Baileys, but we are pretty well-stocked here. Jed's good about details like that. :D

And how goes your travels through AW?

gothicfictionfan

Registered
Reaction score
bailey's is great -- so far, so good . . . i'm easing my way through here, trying to learn the ropes. i've offered some critiques in share your work. i don't know if i've been terribly helpful, but i hope i've been able to give some insight, here and there. i've also been able to get some good suggestions on things to read. what have you been reading recently?

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
*slides over a Baileys*

It's great that you've offered critiques in SYW. I've learned a lot about my own writing by critting there.

I'll admit I've been slacking on my fiction reading--between writing, editing, and well...hanging out here, I haven't read much of it lately. I have been catching up on some paranormal non-fiction reading--ghost stories. Does that count? :D

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Evening LY, Gothic....... lurkers...... ?

:D

LY I'm intrigued by the non-fiction ghost stories. Say more?

And, Baileys please? Been a loooong day.

gothicfictionfan

Registered
Reaction score
absolutely! reading is reading, imo. since we all love the written word, i don't think anyone should point a finger as to what it is we're reading! :)

*slides over a Baileys*

It's great that you've offered critiques in SYW. I've learned a lot about my own writing by critting there.

I'll admit I've been slacking on my fiction reading--between writing, editing, and well...hanging out here, I haven't read much of it lately. I have been catching up on some paranormal non-fiction reading--ghost stories. Does that count? :D

gothicfictionfan

Registered
Reaction score
i agree about the non-fiction ghost stories . . . where are we getting them from? and i'm not lurking, per se . . . i'm trying to work through edits and procrastinating. :p

Evening LY, Gothic....... lurkers...... ?

:D

LY I'm intrigued by the non-fiction ghost stories. Say more?

And, Baileys please? Been a loooong day.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, I didn't mean you, Gothic, you are clearly not lurking! I meant, well, lurkers! The ones we don't know are here.

Anyway. I also am not reading as much as I would like but thought I would share with you something you might enjoy, which is an online publication called Every Day Fiction It's a sister to Every Day Poets which I have subscribed to for a while. Just signed up for the fiction emails; the story today (at that link) is really beautiful.

If you like short fiction, I recommend this. (free too.)

gothicfictionfan

Registered
Reaction score
nice -- i'll definitely have to check it out. ghost stories are not usually my thing, but i'm looking for distractions everywhere to contribute to my procrastination, so it should work out well for me! :p

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hahahahaha yes......... Well, the Every Day Fiction stories are, for me, more of a study of good contemporary story. And they are short enough they don't take all that much time to read.

Story vitamins, like.

*waits patiently for LY to say more about the ghost stories*

Status
Not open for further replies.