Middling It

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Michael, Project Deadlight. It's my favorite piece so I'm hoping the best for it.

And good luck right back at you Project Deadlight! :)

W.L. Marks

Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck, Project Deadlight and Tienci.

I'm in the same boat. Just got bumped up to Round 3 at ASIM.

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
Hit the 60 day mark at Plasma Frequency today. The suspense is killing me!

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on all the bumps! W.L - best with ASIM, I love them. They published a favorite piece I wrote at a time when I really needed a pub. And they were awesome to work with.

I just got bumped up to Lynne at Ap-x, so woot and nailbiting time!

FitzAustin

Excessive Internalizer
Registered
Reaction score
Sitting on a 66-day Camera Obscura submission, and obsessing over Duotrope...by the way, I'm new. Hey, y'all!

kd1984

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.oneperfectword.blogspot.com
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from Necro Publications Into the Darkness Anthology? I got bumped to the maybe pile back around 34 days. Sitting at 75 now. DT is reporting responses around 80-100 days. Are the crickets singing to anyone else? I suppose this is some writing deity's way of telling me to get back in the game and submit more than one round of work. :)

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from Necro Publications Into the Darkness Anthology? I got bumped to the maybe pile back around 34 days. Sitting at 75 now. DT is reporting responses around 80-100 days. Are the crickets singing to anyone else? I suppose this is some writing deity's way of telling me to get back in the game and submit more than one round of work. :)
I was rejected at 168 days, after I had been bumped up to their "maybe pile." Kind of wished they hadn't gotten my hopes up, but bleh. Whatever.

Maybe you'll fair better. ;)

kd1984

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.oneperfectword.blogspot.com
I was rejected at 168 days, after I had been bumped up to their "maybe pile." Kind of wished they hadn't gotten my hopes up, but bleh. Whatever.

Maybe you'll fair better. ;)

Arghh! Bad luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed over here, but I'm hoping that I'll know one way or the other sooner rather than later.

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
26 crickets, all chirping. My cuticles are not fairing well on some of them.

Has anyone heard from Scifia or Kazka Press' At Year's End anthology?

In celebratory news, I've sent 100 submissions out this year so far. Whee!

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks renard (congrats on 100th sub!) and W.L. (fingers crossed for you!).

In addition to awaiting the final OTP response, the following are making me nibble on my fingers:

- The Literarian (In the red @ 177 days. Responses in past month= 83-165 days).
- The New Yorker (In the red @ 161 days. Responses in past month= 2-90 days w/ 1 oddball response @ 298 days. Please don't let me be another form R oddball).

Plus a few more with the same # of days as (or 1 day after) the longest time reported in last 30 days: Ninth Letter (33d. Not counting 1 oddball 538 day response), Kenyon Review (22d).

Gah!
I should really learn to funnel this nervous energy into new stories...

Last edited:

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
- The New Yorker (In the red @ 161 days. Responses in past month= 2-90 days w/ 1 oddball response @ 298 days. Please don't let me be another form R oddball).

I have a story idling at The New Yorker as well. It's been there for 130 days and it's possibly my favourite story, so I'm quite anxious to hear back from them.

UniversalExport

Registered
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is it unusually quiet? I thought that now the summer is over there would be a barrage of responses, but nothing ^^

FitzAustin

Excessive Internalizer
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Camera Obscura lately? There hasn't been a Duotrope response posted in a week, and my sub's at 70 (about five days over the regular time). I'm afraid to query, because the site makes their "bug the editor" button seem very...well, scary. Also, the sub status has said "Reading" for about a month.

Last edited:

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like it's time to give up on Buzzy.
I'm sitting at 78-days, queried 18 days ago, and have heard nothing from them. My sub met the guidelines, so shouldn't have been deleted out of hand and they just did another slush purge. Spam folder is empty.
Things get lost sometimes, it happens (tho' it sucks when it happens to you) but it sure would have been nice to at least get a response to my query letter.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at approximately a brazilian days out at LORE, although it seems like many people are in that same bracket. I always debate querying.

Eliza, I hate when that happens . That happened with me at An-log, except first they said they had it, 100 or so days later they said 'oh, no, we never actually did - our bad' So I hope you do get a response. It's that empty air that can do us in.

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
Queried for a sub at Plasma Frequency, more to make sure it hadn't been lost than out of my own impatience. Found out it's currently awaiting a second reading, so that's good.

Edit: Insert smiley face :) since I made it to the second round

talkwrite

Passion in full bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linguisticworld.com
At Camera Obscura, I was bumped up to "reading" a couple of weeks ago, mine is 47 days out. No way I'm pushing that bug the editor button.... at least not on my my first sub to them :)

Has anyone heard back from Camera Obscura lately? There hasn't been a Duotrope response posted in a week, and my sub's at 70 (about five days over the regular time). I'm afraid to query, because the site makes their "bug the editor" button seem very...well, scary. Also, the sub status has said "Reading" for about a month.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Eliza, I hate when that happens . That happened with me at An-log, except first they said they had it, 100 or so days later they said 'oh, no, we never actually did - our bad' So I hope you do get a response. It's that empty air that can do us in.

Thanks V1c - not optimistic about hearing anything at this point -- but, yes, it would be welcome even to get a rejection or a 'sorry we lost it', just to know.

W.L. Marks

Registered
Reaction score
I'm at 80 days with an IGMS submission, and I'm really hoping that they're considering it. I've never made it past first round rejections there. It's one of my very favorite pieces,and at just shy of 10k words I don't have many options for it.

Wait...

They do take novelettes at IGMS don't they. Don't they?! I don't think they even list word counts though...

I've had so much silence on all fronts lately that I'm turning into a crazy person...:e2tongue:

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
I'm at 80 days with an IGMS submission, and I'm really hoping that they're considering it. I've never made it past first round rejections there. It's one of my very favorite pieces,and at just shy of 10k words I don't have many options for it.

Wait...

They do take novelettes at IGMS don't they. Don't they?! I don't think they even list word counts though...

I've had so much silence on all fronts lately that I'm turning into a crazy person...:e2tongue:
On their submission page, they say:
We pay 6 cents a word up to 7500 words and 5 cents a word thereafter.
So I'm assuming they do, they just don't pay as much.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Have half my subs in the red, and two (Space and Time and Penumbra) at second rounds. This would have thrilled the hell out of me same time last year, but here and now I can't help but notice how slow everyone is about submissions. Last of all, I got a sub at Crossgenres hanging on for their 2.0 debut issue. Only 15 left in the queue. But since they calculate about 3 stories per issue at about 4k words, and two acceptances are listed on Duotrope, I don't think there's much chance. Still, it's middling.

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Got a second round bump from Penumbra. Last time that resulted in a 100+ day form R, but I'm going to stay optimistic about this one. :)

Also in the red at Analog and Nature and trying not to freak out, since neither have recent stats on Duotrope.

Last edited: